Headbanger lures

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
jimmy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Headbanger lures

Post by jimmy »

Near bought a couple of theses yesterday but being 26 quid each I thought I’d ask on hear first if there really worth the money , don’t buy a lot of lures anymore but these things are different to anything else in the box , anybody?
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Headbanger lures

Post by John Milford »

You'd be paying a little over the odds at £26 Jimmy.

There are a couple of YouTube videos featuring them. Not tried them myself, but they look interesting and seem to work.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
Burnyburnside
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Burnyburnside »

Hi mate I've got a fire tiger that I don't use much you can have it for £15 plus postage if you like, like brand new think I've and 1 pike on it but just stick to 6 favourite lures.
Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug »

The action looks amazing they are different to others lures. I’ve got sinking, suspending and floating and can’t catch on them heard the same from others seem to work well for the guys selling them on Facebook. I’ll keep trying!
frankcarty
Roach
Roach

Post by frankcarty »

same as Slug, I have the floating, sinking and suspending. I've yet to catch on them yet, but their action in the water is fantastic. I know I will catch on them.
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

I have several mixed, floating, suspending and sinking. I bought them on the recommendation of Artur, a little excitable Polish guy I bump into while boat fishing on the river and 1 or 2 local lakes. He spends most of the day thrashing the water with lures, even in winter, and always seems to catch while I'm struggling. When I asked him what I was doing wrong he said ''Headbanger.!!...Get Headbanger..!!..''...so I did. After a tough winter, where I struggled in general with pike, I can at least say that reasonable sized (4-8lbs) brown trout are willing to regularly sample trolled Headbangers. :thumbs:
Time will tell with pike, I suppose...
Marcraft are for queers.
fergie68
Barbel
Barbel

Post by fergie68 »

I had to Google them.
Odd looking things.
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP
jimmy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by jimmy »

Thanks for the offer mate but I think I’ll just leave them where they are for now 👍
Old School Piker
Roach
Roach

Post by Old School Piker »

I like them. Action is good and I have had a lot of fish on mine, ( Roach suspending ).
Good trolling lure too. Like most things lure related they might not work on your water. For me in clear 5 - 10 foot water, I really rate them.
Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook »

I’ve tried them in and off for the past three years and never had a touch, far, far better lures out there for far, far less, don’t waste your money!
dropped_run
Perch
Perch

Post by dropped_run »

Ian Crook wrote: Mon May 13 2019 19:43 -
I’ve tried them in and off for the past three years and never had a touch, far, far better lures out there for far, far less, don’t waste your money!
I'll buy yours :laughs:
James Dobie.
fishder
Perch
Perch

Post by fishder »

my fishing buddie swears by them he has caught a few nice fish on them think its a confidence thing with lures.
keeponchucking
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by keeponchucking »

My local shop was selling these 2 for the price of 1 to clear some stock so i bought 2. Tried them on the local river and got two small fish.
Very strange and erratic movement from them. Looking forward to trying them this weekend on a bigger water.
Marvin Farrell