Decent cuppa??

A place to discuss your favourite tipple, bank side fodder, BBQ, smokers and anything else that tickles your taste buds
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Decent cuppa??

Post by Bob Watson »

Struggling to find a decent cup of tea, I've given up on tea bags and gone back to loose tea and even that's (PG tips) not like a proper leaf tea now, the dregs are like granules.

Where can I get decent tea?
Kev Berry

Re: Decent cuppa??

Post by Kev Berry »

Bob Watson wrote: Tue May 28 2019 18:20 -
Struggling to find a decent cup of tea, I've given up on tea bags and gone back to loose tea and even that's (PG tips) not like a proper leaf tea now, the dregs are like granules.

Yorkshire tea :thumbs:

I've been drinking nettle tea a bit just lately---handful of fresh nettle leaves, steep for 5mins, tea spoon of honey, mmmm
very good for you as well
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

Try Sri Lankan ;-)
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Moroccan Mint, on a late summers afternoon or after dinner there is nothing better with a spoonful of sugar. I grow my own.
Jasmine Tea is served free and unlimited in my local Chinese, Im told its a digestiva, most lunchtimes its stuffed full of Chinese all drinking it with their dim sum.

My late Father once lived where they grew tea and he loved it, he complained to PG when he noticed the ground stalks inside their bags, they didnt deny it, just apologising and sending him some free leaves.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

I get all my loose tea from the "T" Junction in Norwich. (they have an online shop as well)

I do like their Darjeeling 1st flush and the South African Rooibos teas.... :thumbs:

Im sure you'll find something to your liking from here :wink:
piker al
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker al »

Kev Berry wrote: Tue May 28 2019 20:41 -

I've been drinking nettle tea a bit just lately---handful of fresh nettle leaves, steep for 5mins, tea spoon of honey, mmmm
Got to say Ive never tried nettle tea but Yorkshire is the best tea I’ve tried :thumbs:
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Barry’s tea bags
Lovely cuppa
Regards
Tom
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

piker al wrote: Thu Jun 06 2019 21:38 -
Kev Berry wrote: Tue May 28 2019 20:41 -

Got to say Ive never tried nettle tea but Yorkshire is the best tea I’ve tried :thumbs:
Try it....just pick the top 3 sets of leaves...dont pick the lower leaves the dogs have p****d on :laughs:
Dusty22
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Dusty22 »

At last , someone singing from my hymn sheet ! I won’t use tea bags , loose leaf tea only in my household!
Sainsbury’s Red Label Loose Leaf tea is VERY good
If I have to have a tea bag then it’s Clipper Everyday Organic tea
I’m a tea snob and these two are by far the best out there .
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Dusty22 wrote: Sun Jun 30 2019 22:10 -

At last , someone singing from my hymn sheet ! I won’t use tea bags , loose leaf tea only in my household!
Sainsbury’s Red Label Loose Leaf tea is VERY good
If I have to have a tea bag then it’s Clipper Everyday Organic tea
I’m a tea snob and these two are by far the best out there .
Thanks, I'll try Sainsburys!
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

We did a job last summer for a couple of fellas that 'catch the other bus home'. They made the best cup of tea I've had in years. They used a pot called a ...well it was a 'brown' something or other. :eek: I quizzed one of them about the tea brand as the tea was the best I've had. I don't usually drink tea but their's was exceptional!

Trouble is I can't recall what it was for sure. Something tells me it might have been Sainsbury's own brand but I can't be sure. We've worked for them many times over the years so we'll no doubt see them again at some point ...which aint much help really but I thought I'd waste a bit of your time anyway. :laughs:
Last edited by Chris Hammond on Mon Jul 01 2019 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

Just Googled it the pot was a 'brown Betty'.
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

I reckon i make a good tea just with teabags :shrug: cant be arsed with loose s**t.

Bag in first
Boilin water in straight away (seems to inflate the bag :shrug: or am trippin)
Stir it but dont just stir it. Show it some love. Gently caress that bag and get the tea leaves all wet and loose. then leave it spinning for a minute or two

The one thing i dont do is squeeze ma bag in the mug or when taking the bag out just bin it. Dont overkill on the milk just enough that its not bitter and no peely wally.

Nae fannyin about.
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

I let it sit for a few minutes then drink it with the teabag left in. I use demerara sugar rather than the bleached white crap. And a spot of milk so it's a nice terracotta colour. Reckon I could make a nice enough cup of tea with Tesco value tea bags if I had to. But I like Twinings strong breakfast tea or Yorkshire tea. There's nothing wrong with bog standard tetley either.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
nortchul
Roach
Roach

Post by nortchul »

Are there many tea plantations in Yorkshire?
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

nortchul wrote: Sat Jul 13 2019 16:50 -
Are there many tea plantations in Yorkshire?
:laughs:
Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug »

I like straight Assam.
No sugar.
Usually just a drop of milk but I drink tea without milk when fishing as I can’t be arsed carrying milk around.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Tea bags don't rot.
Have you ever wondered why? Worse you are drinking the remnants.

Use a clean mug to drink tea and another to drink 'real' coffee, wash them out as see which is dirtier, don't bother if your using tea bags its the tea mug.
The Bostonians were right and dumped it where it belongs.

Drink coffee and stay pure :grin:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus