Going to be a good night

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Going to be a good night

Post by Alan_dalton »

Already seen three Roland's when I drove in!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian Springthorpe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Re: Going to be a good night

Post by Brian Springthorpe »

Lucky sod, their the only thing I hardly see on my perms, I miss a bit of Roland bashing , good luck
wid
Roach
Roach

Post by wid »

How many did you pop alan
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

wid wrote: Mon Aug 05 2019 17:59 -
Crap night, only 5. All the cows are out of the sheds into the fields and the food is not about. I would have thought they would be going round more looking for food but was slow night!
wid
Roach
Roach

Post by wid »

Alan_dalton wrote: Fri Aug 09 2019 08:00 -
Crap night, only 5. All the cows are out of the sheds into the fields and the food is not about. I would have thought they would be going round more looking for food but was slow night!
There used to be a guy on youtube think he went by the name of 'chub tickler ' he used to put bait out for roland every night for a week and then go with the guns, his videos were fantastic he would literally hundreds in a night
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

wid wrote: Fri Aug 09 2019 20:41 -
There used to be a guy on youtube think he went by the name of 'chub tickler ' he used to put bait out for roland every night for a week and then go with the guns, his videos were fantastic he would literally hundreds in a night
If you going to bait them dont use anything they can run off with. I use crushed hemp Liquidised sweetcorn is good as well. They have to stay and eat it....then ping ...one less roland
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

To feed my ferrets I tried 'bat folding' the sparrows roosting in the ivy, it was b' hard work plus it took to long.
Resorted to laying grain inside an old cast iron feed trough, dose of No; 7 and my ferrets had enough for a week. The same trick would work for rats but not half the fun (yes you antis fun) as drilling 'em individually.

Sorry a bit off topic.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
piker al
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker al »

Kev Berry wrote: Fri Aug 09 2019 23:36 -
If you going to bait them dont use anything they can run off with. I use crushed hemp Liquidised sweetcorn is good as well. They have to stay and eat it....then ping ...one less roland
We used to smear peanut butter over a couple of boards they love it
wid
Roach
Roach

Post by wid »

Not thought of that kev but it's a great idea, I've used Nutella in live traps, roland loves the stuff and a live one keeps the dogs keen
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

wid wrote: Sat Aug 10 2019 19:30 -
Not thought of that kev but it's a great idea, I've used Nutella in live traps, roland loves the stuff and a live one keeps the dogs keen

Now your talking :thumbs:
Times past I used to intro a young entry with something in a length of string, then an open field or corn bin release before the whole pack and real thing.
Best country sport ever, after chasing charlie.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
wid
Roach
Roach

Post by wid »

Mike J wrote: Sun Aug 11 2019 10:31 -
wid wrote: Sat Aug 10 2019 19:30 -

Now your talking :thumbs:
Times past I used to intro a young entry with something in a length of string, then an open field or corn bin release before the whole pack and real thing.
Best country sport ever, after chasing charlie.
Used to enjoy a bit of hare coursing Mike (pre ban of course) my lurcher is retired now but my girlfriends three little jack Russell X are every rats nightmare, bloody fantastic fun