New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
igor
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by igor »

Hi everyone. I live in the US and am a full time guide/Captain on Lake Ontario and surrounding rivers, lakes and ponds. Even though I have been guiding full time for a living for 29 yrs, I still love to fish for fun on days off. Last Spring I discovered fly fishing for Pike. I am addicted to these fish and am looking forward to spending time on this forum learning all I can.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: New member

Post by Happy Hayes »

Welcome aboard igor :handshake:
Hopefully one day in the not to distant future I’ll get across the pond to fish your part of the world
Enjoy
Regards
Tom
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: New member

Post by Mike J »

Welcome aboard :handshake:
You learn from us, thats a joke, we've all been learning from your guys on the other side of the pond for years.

Today one of our members is having his first day with a guide to experience fly fishing for pike, lookout for his report (he doesn't know he is going to write it yet so shhhh :grin: )

Another member is a regular pike flyfisher he will enjoy a chat (conversation) with you.
I sometimes do a bit myself, just a teeeny teeny bit for entertainment, nothing serious.

Essential lingo;
Fluff chucking - an expression used by none fly anglers for anyone casting a fly, not species specific.
A budgie - big big pike fly. From budgerigar as in colourful Australian parrot like bird popular as pets in England.
Trumped - when you have beaten someone else eg; in a card game. Applied elsewhere as required.

:handshake:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus