Zed Preparation

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Re: Zed Preparation

Post by Fentiger01 »

Fish on.... wrote: Tue Oct 22 2019 19:29 -
Apparently I should of been using smelt and fishing in bright sunlight all this time. Was a savage take too, totally un-zander like But also typical zeds :laughs:
Nice fish mate! :thumbs:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
Fish on....
Perch
Perch

Post by Fish on.... »

Fentiger01 wrote: Thu Oct 24 2019 21:06 -
Apparently I should of been using smelt and fishing in bright sunlight all this time. Was a savage take too, totally un-zander like But also typical zeds :laughs:
Nice fish mate! :thumbs:
It was, 9.10 but very clean. Will be out later on after a bigger one with any luck
Actually know as Danny..
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

Nice!
Richsheff
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Richsheff »

Lovely looking fish
Shiv
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Shiv »

Well done mate, lovely fish.
Fish on....
Perch
Perch

Post by Fish on.... »

Love a big zed, very impressive fish
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Actually know as Danny..
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Sorry Chaps, it seems to me now that I might have jinxed this season with my "Zed Preparation" post..... :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

Due to very persistent and unabated flooding, I never actually managed to get out from October after the Zeds, as the river was just too high except for a small handful of days. Sadly they all seemed to occur when I was busy at work. Christ even the fields I walk through were 4ft deep in water for the vast majority of this winter, for me the season has been a complete and utter wash out. Having come down nicely for the start of last week, I thought I might be able to have a bash this Friday/Saturday but unfortunately, another deluge of rain on Monday/Tuesday saw the river come up massively again and so it wasn't to be.

Best fish for me was my first of the Season (6th Oct) at 11.14 which unbeknown to me at the time, was a bit of a game saver. However, a good mate of mine had a stunning, "fish-of-a-lifetime" 19lb 4oz Zed during a short window of fining down opportunity, so chuffed to bits for Stevo. :thumbs:

My thoughts are with those of you who have been impacted at home through the savage flooding we've experienced this winter.
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!