New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Mattjb
Chub
Chub

Re: G'day

Post by Mattjb »

Old Mate wrote: Tue May 12 2020 08:46 -
Mattjb wrote: Wed May 06 2020 17:54 -
That golden perch is a chunky looking thing!
I'd be float fishing a syndicate pit with a split cane Avon and centrepin for tench and crucians with a few decent roach and Rudd thrown in if I could go now! Also plan on doing a few nights for big eels as well. I don't tend to fish loads in the spring and summer, mainly evenings but fish one day a weekend from October to early March for pike
At least with all my gardening efforts at the moment my brownie point total should be quite high in readiness!
Cheers,
Matt
Matt
Good luck with the tench etc when you get out! I trust the floats are homemade bird quills...
My first session was quiet - I was so keen I was surface fishing an hour before dawn. The moon was full and the pelicans had been busy in the shallows all night. No fish until 730, ended up with 3 bass to 35cm long. Lots of bait on the sounder but bass only active in one area. Out again this week as like you brownie points are high, or more likely she is glad for some peace and quiet for a few hours.
Cheers, Andy
Nice one , good to catch a few again I bet!
Numbers limited on the syndicate for now and have to prebook . I managed to get a place on the lake on Saturday so I'm looking forward to it and yes it will be homemade floats, crowquill or duck quill antenna floats with balsa bodies.Then modern gear for eels for a couple of hours into darkness.
Cheers, Matt
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

G'day Old Mate!

Some cracking reading and pictures there mate, that Golden Perch is a belting looking fish. :thumbs:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Tight lines Andy
Regards
Tom
Old Mate
Roach
Roach

Post by Old Mate »

Fentiger01 wrote: Wed May 13 2020 07:20 -
G'day Old Mate!

Some cracking reading and pictures there mate, that Golden Perch is a belting looking fish. :thumbs:
Thanks mate! Keep up the good work with the Zander Diaries - can't wait for the next instalment.
Cheers, Andy
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Nice one Andy. :thumbs:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!