Surface lures

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Dusty22
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Surface lures

Post by Dusty22 »

All
I purchased crazy crawlers , jitterbugs etc from Harris Angling many moons ago .
Where can I buy this type of lures from in the UK from now or has anyone got any surface lures for sale ?
Cheers all
Iain Gillies
Perch
Perch

Re: Surface lures

Post by Iain Gillies »

AGM lure fishing, Harris Sportsmail, Chesil Bait and Tackle and Glasgow Angling Centre stock some of the Arbogast and Heddon lures. I would suggest looking on eBay for secondhand and new from America. There is a seller in the USA called Forzasports who does all them lures posted to the UK cheaply. Normally postage kills deals from the USA and any order over £15 in value may attract import tax.
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

I would scour the eBay listing, in amongst some listings you will pick up these lures periodically, most of my lures were collected over the years like this.
Dusty22
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Dusty22 »

Thank you gents , very helpful
Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips »

Dusty22 wrote: Wed May 20 2020 07:24 -
All
I purchased crazy crawlers , jitterbugs etc from Harris Angling many moons ago .
Where can I buy this type of lures from in the UK from now or has anyone got any surface lures for sale ?
Cheers all
Good lures for chub, but a bit too small for pike IMO. They were after all designed with Bass in mind. I used them in the day, caught some decent pike too, but there's larger surface lures you can use that will massively up your catch rate and size of pike caught. Good fun to use small lures but it is like taking a knife to a gunfight when targeting pike off the top. I much prefer using big jackpots, scuttlebugs, top raiders and such like. Best place to buy these? Just search the internet, credit card in hand. Tight lines.
Piking Plonker
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

A mate of mine is a fanatical motor bike restorer (bear with me) and restores 'barn finds'. He is so particular that he even sources the exact stickers you would find under the seat etc with chassis numbers etc.

He reckons it's worth searching Ebay and other sites with words deliberately misspelled as this can turn up parts that otherwise would not appear in search results. Might be something worth trying if you're looking for lure rarities?
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Chris Hammond wrote: Fri May 22 2020 21:25 -
A mate of mine is a fanatical motor bike restorer (bear with me) and restores 'barn finds'. He is so particular that he even sources the exact stickers you would find under the seat etc with chassis numbers etc.

He reckons it's worth searching Ebay and other sites with words deliberately misspelled as this can turn up parts that otherwise would not appear in search results. Might be something worth trying if you're looking for lure rarities?
There was an app/site that found misspelled items on ebay.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

If that's correct, it's amazing that they haven't eliminated that issue by now.

If you put Abrogst jiitebg, for example, into Google, you'll find Arbogast Jitterbugs, so you'd think that eBay ought to have something similar in use.
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

Steve Dennington wrote: Sat May 23 2020 00:03 -

If you put Abrogst jiitebg, for example, into Google, you'll find Arbogast Jitterbugs, so you'd think that eBay ought to have something similar in use.
To be fair I was told it by anpther mutual friend and Ebay was probably an assumption on my He restores Japabese bikes so perhaps he is looking elsewhere.
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

Steve Dennington wrote: Sat May 23 2020 00:03 -

To be fair I was told it by another mutual friend and Ebay was probably an assumption on my part. He restores Japabese bikes so perhaps he is looking elsewhere.
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

It's true. I've done in myself and picked up a few bargains.
The best being a mint set of three Shimano 10000 gte's with spare spools for 50 quid.
Incorrectly listed as 1000 size.

My nieces boyfriend picked up a Vauxhall mokka for a fraction of its value because the seller misspelt Vauxhall as voxhall and it didn't show in a correctly spelt search, he found it because he made the same mistake!
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

Daniel wrote: Sat May 23 2020 07:52 -

It's true. I've done in myself and picked up a few bargains.
The best being a mint set of three Shimano 10000 gte's with spare spools for 50 quid.
Incorrectly listed as 1000 size.

My nieces boyfriend picked up a Vauxhall mokka for a fraction of its value because the seller misspelt Vauxhall as voxhall and it didn't show in a correctly spelt search, he found it because he made the same mistake!
Ah there you go then. In my friends case it wasn't about economics but rather a means to track down rare and authentic parts.
Andy Tighe
Perch
Perch

Post by Andy Tighe »

The app for Ebay misspellings was called Fat Fingers i think