Old imagery

Talk about Lure/Tackle ID's; Reminisce over bygone times and old fishing tackle
User avatar
John Milford
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7192
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

Re: Old imagery

Post by John Milford » Tue Jan 12 2021 14:00

A 'G.I. Joe' with a big Lake Of The Woods 'Northern' 1951. (Nice Simonsen enamelled steel lure box in the background. :cool: ).

Screenshot_20210112-123514.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29116
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Old imagery

Post by davelumb » Tue Jan 12 2021 14:06

John Milford wrote:
A 'G.I. Joe' with a big Lake Of The Woods 'Northern' 1951. (Nice Simonsen enamelled steel lure box in the background. :cool: ).


Screenshot_20210112-123514.png
Trust you to spot the lure box!

User avatar
John Milford
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7192
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

Re: Old imagery

Post by John Milford » Tue Jan 12 2021 14:09

davelumb wrote:
John Milford wrote:
A 'G.I. Joe' with a big Lake Of The Woods 'Northern' 1951. (Nice Simonsen enamelled steel lure box in the background. :cool: ).


Screenshot_20210112-123514.png
Trust you to spot the lure box!
I'd love to have been able to take a peek inside it! :pipe:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29116
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Old imagery

Post by davelumb » Tue Jan 12 2021 14:25

John Milford wrote:
davelumb wrote:
John Milford wrote:
A 'G.I. Joe' with a big Lake Of The Woods 'Northern' 1951. (Nice Simonsen enamelled steel lure box in the background. :cool: ).


Screenshot_20210112-123514.png
Trust you to spot the lure box!
I'd love to have been able to take a peek inside it! :pipe:
A pity it was closed up.

User avatar
John Milford
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7192
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

Re: Old imagery

Post by John Milford » Sat Jan 16 2021 19:22

An old 'Intrepid' reel ad from 1964.

Prices ranged from 19s 9d (98p) to £5 9s 3d (£5.45). Their mid-range reel, the 'Regent' cost £2 9s 7d (£2.48). The pre-decimal prices seemed a lot of money at the time! :laughs:

Screenshot_20210116-174638~2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

User avatar
colinb
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 3079
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Old imagery

Post by colinb » Sun Jan 17 2021 13:55

I wonder what's in the bucket?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
John Milford
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7192
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

Re: Old imagery

Post by John Milford » Tue Jan 19 2021 14:36

Norfolk legends Bill Giles and Reg Sandys after a cold day's piking on Heigham Sounds in 1966.

IMG_20210119_123134~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

User avatar
colinb
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 3079
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Old imagery

Post by colinb » Yesterday 16:31

Windmill Pub at 10 mile bank, the bridge survives but not the pub
383.jpg
The shed at Barrie's I helped move it after the marriage break up but it had doubled in size and content.
353.jpg
Canvas roll up rod holder
3129.jpg
I suppose canvas is still available?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29116
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Old imagery

Post by davelumb » Yesterday 16:49

Map of Ten Mile Bank circa 1913 or earlier. :grin:

Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
John Milford
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7192
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

Re: Old imagery

Post by John Milford » Yesterday 17:57

colinb wrote:
Windmill Pub at 10 mile bank, the bridge survives but not the pub
383.jpg

The shed at Barrie's I helped move it after the marriage break up but it had doubled in size and content.
353.jpg

Canvas roll up rod holder
3129.jpg
I suppose canvas is still available?
Barrie obviously got custody of the shed Colin! :thumbs:

Gudebrod Sniper on the rod in the roll-up holdall! :cool:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

User avatar
colinb
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 3079
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Old imagery

Post by colinb » Yesterday 18:27

I stopped fishing at 10 mile bank, well at least in the village. I couldn't find anywhere to put my bag down for all the dog s***e.

Shame as it was a good spot years ago.

Always knew the bridge as the Windmill bridge named after the pub, Hilgay is miles away.

User avatar
colinb
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 3079
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Old imagery

Post by colinb » Yesterday 18:30

John Milford wrote:
colinb wrote:
Windmill Pub at 10 mile bank, the bridge survives but not the pub
383.jpg

The shed at Barrie's I helped move it after the marriage break up but it had doubled in size and content.
353.jpg

Canvas roll up rod holder
3129.jpg
I suppose canvas is still available?
Barrie obviously got custody of the shed Colin! :thumbs:

Gudebrod Sniper on the rod in the roll-up holdall! :cool:
Moving the shed the last time was a bit of a trauma, with threats of prosecution etc. it wasn't a happy breakup.
A bit of a lad was our Barrie.

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29116
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Old imagery

Post by davelumb » Yesterday 18:35

colinb wrote:
I stopped fishing at 10 mile bank, well at least in the village. I couldn't find anywhere to put my bag down for all the dog s***e.

Shame as it was a good spot years ago.

Always knew the bridge as the Windmill bridge named after the pub, Hilgay is miles away.
Place names change quite a bit over time.

Interesting to look around old maps. Drains gone, new ones dug. :smile:

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=1 ... rs=168&b=1

peteren
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Sep 01 2011 05:00
Location: In a Kentish dyke

Re: Old imagery

Post by peteren » 22 minutes ago

John Milford wrote:
An old 'Intrepid' reel ad from 1964.

Prices ranged from 19s 9d (98p) to £5 9s 3d (£5.45). Their mid-range reel, the 'Regent' cost £2 9s 7d (£2.48). The pre-decimal prices seemed a lot of money at the time! :laughs:


Screenshot_20210116-174638~2.png
Enjoyed that John - 1964 would be when I proudly got my Regent - had to borrow-forward lots of pocket money! it was an upgrade from the 19s 11d Intrepid Monarch for my 8th birthday - my first fixed - spool...

Post Reply