New members trying to sell items

Rules of the forum and announcements from the Bailiffs
Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff

New members trying to sell items

Post by Andrew Croft » Wed Feb 10 2021 11:46

That's the 3rd new member I've caught trying to flog gear on here

There is a reason you cannot post in the for sale section there is even a notice and rules saying this so posting it on other categories is not on.

Any I find will be removed and I'd ask anyone not to encourage this.

The 50 post rule is also there to protect regular members from scammers and opportunists. We can kinda gauge after 50 posts that the new user may be genuine, you dont get that with someone who has just joined days ago
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

jack
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Re: New members trying to sell items

Post by jack » Wed Feb 10 2021 12:07

đź‘Ť

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Wed Feb 10 2021 12:12

That might be due to the number of times 'Piking Nostalgia and Collector's' Corner' posts show up in search engines now Croftus? (I'm even starting to get questions via eBay messages from sellers who visit the forum as a collector resource these days).

It's a difficult call, but there is a difference between people genuinely seeking info on vintage items (perhaps with the intention of selling them on) and new members joining solely to flog surplus kit?

I reckon Pit members are canny enough to spot any blatant chancers? :shrug: I dug out one on here a while ago who then came clean (but he's not been back since and his stuff is still on eBay, unsold, at very optimistic prices! :giggle:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew Croft » Wed Feb 10 2021 12:16

Yeah I know people like to know value etc and that's good but these recent ones are blatant selling/said so in posts in a round about way
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

Steve Le maitre
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve Le maitre » Wed Feb 10 2021 21:07

I agree :thumbs: But one thing - please oh please can you change your avatar, I personally can’t stand that c***

Steve Le maitre
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve Le maitre » Wed Feb 10 2021 21:08

:laughs:

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Wed Feb 10 2021 21:09

Steve Le maitre wrote: ↑
I agree :thumbs: But one thing - please oh please can you change your avatar, I personally can’t stand that c***
I don't beliiiieve it! :coat:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

Steve Le maitre
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve Le maitre » Wed Feb 10 2021 21:26

John Milford wrote: ↑
Well you better had ! Don’t get me wrong I love a moaner, somebody who’s not afraid to speak the truth - but sorry that c*** doesn’t pull it off.

Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew Croft » Wed Feb 10 2021 21:31

Ok ok I'll do something new :grin:
John Milford wrote: ↑
:boing:

alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna » Thu Feb 11 2021 07:42

Here's one for you Andrew.

Foggy Dewhurst (Brian Wild).

Brilliant Character actor, played it so well he could bore you in an instant, in LOSW.

:laughs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew Croft » Thu Feb 11 2021 13:20

Update to add that buying and selling guns has always been banned on here even in the for sale section