Shawarma

A place to discuss your favourite tipple, bank side fodder, BBQ, smokers and anything else that tickles your taste buds
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Shawarma

Post by Andrew »

Got a box full of little packets of various powedered seasonings for chicken. Gave the shawarma mix a try. I've no idea what it is but i like it :grin:

Kinda sweet but savory, kinda bbq'ish taste. I cant quite put my finger on it :scratch:
Esoxuk
Perch
Perch

Re: Shawarma

Post by Esoxuk »

I've been getting the M & S prepared Shawama chicken, around 4 or 5 skewered up thighs with lemon and nice dressing.... absolutely gorgeous. As you say plenty of flavours without anything taking over
R.O. Rotherham & Sheffield PAC (RA99)
PAC Products Manager
gus666
Zander
Zander
Location: Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses, For Honest Men and bonnie lassies...

Post by gus666 »

Andrew Croft wrote: Thu Sep 16 2021 19:28 -
Got a box full of little packets of various powedered seasonings for chicken. Gave the shawarma mix a try. I've no idea what it is but i like it :grin:

Kinda sweet but savory, kinda bbq'ish taste. I cant quite put my finger on it :scratch:
Babylon just over the river under the Central arches sells Shawarma spice mix (and just about everything else). Bought a packet yesterday so gaunny try it oot this weekend.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

gus666 wrote: Fri Sep 24 2021 21:21 -

Babylon just over the river under the Central arches sells Shawarma spice mix (and just about everything else). Bought a packet yesterday so gaunny try it oot this weekend.

Just mixed up another batch to keep in the fridge for cold wraps.

Got some kofta mix to try with some ground beef
gus666
Zander
Zander
Location: Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses, For Honest Men and bonnie lassies...

Post by gus666 »

Andrew Croft wrote: Sat Sep 25 2021 18:38 -

Try minced lamb-a bit more fatty in taste but much more receptive to spices than beef!
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

Ground beef?? Where did you buy that? The grocery store? It's called mince!!
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Tesco's finest I'll have you know :suspect:
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

gus666 wrote: Sun Sep 26 2021 00:59 -

Try minced lamb-a bit more fatty in taste but much more receptive to spices than beef!
You were absolutely right. Tried both beef and lamb. Lamb is defo the winner. The beef overpowered the flavour.
gus666
Zander
Zander

Post by gus666 »

Andrew Croft wrote: Tue Oct 12 2021 14:14 -
gus666 wrote: Sun Sep 26 2021 00:59 -

You were absolutely right. Tried both beef and lamb. Lamb is defo the winner. The beef overpowered the flavour.
:thumbs: