Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: What are the unwritten rules

Post by Carlperkins »

Malc Green wrote: Mon Nov 15 2021 19:26 -
davelumb wrote: Mon Nov 15 2021 19:20 -
Steve Le maitre wrote: Mon Nov 15 2021 19:17 -
If you’ve got a boat don’t get Grant to fit you a door.
:exit:
Or service the outboard :eek: :eek: :thumbs:
😂😂😂
That Perkins !!! 😂
Neil_M
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Neil_M »

I think it’s been mentioned above but when you’ve netted the fish leave it in the water for a few minutes to recover. Also gives you time to get your unhooking mat and pliers sorted.

Think I read on here, imagine running 100m, crossing the finish line and someone immediately dunking your head into a bucket of water!
giantlureguy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by giantlureguy »

Or, when possible, unhook the fish inside the net.

Also, pliers go somewhere where they are easy to reach (back pocket for me) and stay there at all times when fishing.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Neil_M wrote: Tue Nov 23 2021 23:29 -
I think it’s been mentioned above but when you’ve netted the fish leave it in the water for a few minutes to recover. Also gives you time to get your unhooking mat and pliers sorted.

Think I read on here, imagine running 100m, crossing the finish line and someone immediately dunking your head into a bucket of water!
Mat net and unhooking gear should be the first thing ready before a bait even sees the water :eek:
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Andrew Croft wrote: Wed Nov 24 2021 14:15 -
Neil_M wrote: Tue Nov 23 2021 23:29 -

Mat net and unhooking gear should be the first thing ready before a bait even sees the water :eek:
you just beat me Andrew with the same answer , for me when on a venue ,first thing landing net set up , matt, unhooking tackle , chuck a few frozen baits in the water for a few minutes , set up rods alarms , then cast out and catch nowt ..... :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :thumbs:
Neil_M
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Neil_M »

Of course if you’re going to be in the same spot for a few hours you’ll have everything ready to go.

But this post is within the lure section.

When lure fishing I’m covering as much water as possible so only 5 or so minutes at each swim. Netting the fish and letting it rest up gives me ample time to prepare. My main point was letting the fish rest which you don’t always see people doing.