Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: youtubers?

Post by davelumb »

Nige Johns wrote: Sun Jan 16 2022 19:53 -
davelumb wrote: Sun Jan 16 2022 19:48 -
Daniel wrote: Sun Jan 16 2022 19:46 -
davelumb wrote: Sun Jan 16 2022 18:50 -
Aren't you supposed to state when something's sponsored on YouTube?
He does, there's an advert for his sponsors in the intro to his videos.
Ta.
Come to think of it,do you declare your Mcvities sponsorship :laughs:
I've cut down on the biscuit consumption. :eek:
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

YouTube is great, providing those that film don't do it on your quiet venues. I've seen one river described on social media as a 'Youtube River' owing to its popularity due to multiple films being done along its banks. Where as before it was seldom fished and local anglers are rightly p****d off. It goes back to, do you just enjoy fishing? Or are you a movie mogul who happens to fish?
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
RayB
Perch
Perch

Post by RayB »

I dont get why you would want to advertise where you are fishing and what you are catching ?
There are a lot of people out there that are quite happy to let you do the hard work and then clean up on the back of it...
It happened to me 10yrs ago, I had located some proper barbel on a Thames trib (it had taken me around 9 wks to find them ) and I was going up 2 to3 times a week and having a couple, mostly upper doubles, then baiting up to keep them interested for the next visit.
I ended up being followed by someone I hardly knew but luckily I twigged early on and gave him the run around which f@@ked him right off...
Ray Brown.
You got to do what you want to do when you want to do it..
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Daniel wrote: Sun Jan 16 2022 19:46 -
davelumb wrote: Sun Jan 16 2022 18:50 -
Aren't you supposed to state when something's sponsored on YouTube?
He does, there's an advert for his sponsors in the intro to his videos.
not sure they are his sponsors in the intro , one of his blogs he says he is not sponsored, but that was a while back , but that could have all changed........ :shrug:
nick the grief
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by nick the grief »

Monts wrote: Mon Jan 17 2022 10:18 -
YouTube is great, providing those that film don't do it on your quiet venues. I've seen one river described on social media as a 'Youtube River' owing to its popularity due to multiple films being done along its banks. Where as before it was seldom fished and local anglers are rightly p****d off. It goes back to, do you just enjoy fishing? Or are you a movie mogul who happens to fish?
I have a youtube channel that contains all sorts of bits and bobs and I can honestly say its not done for profit its just a "diary" for want of a better word so when I'm an even older fart I can watch them back and sit and criticise myself :laughs: up to now there's no fishing videos ... well none of me.
ntg :madmick:

North Warwickshire
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

nick the grief wrote: Thu Feb 10 2022 05:55 -
Monts wrote: Mon Jan 17 2022 10:18 -
I have a youtube channel that contains all sorts of bits and bobs and I can honestly say its not done for profit its just a "diary" for want of a better word so when I'm an even older fart I can watch them back and sit and criticise myself :laughs: up to now there's no fishing videos ... well none of me.
Very interesting thanks.
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach