Out for an evening

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Kev Berry

Out for an evening

Post by Kev Berry »

So off for an evening with Bertie
Had 9 ...8 of which were just little 7lb ish ones
Last chuck and got a nice double
It was feckin roasting in the sun...full in face surrounded by trees holding the heat in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Out for an evening

Post by Mike J »

Ooo you are so carpie :grin:
Dontcha just luv that como landing net pole :narfuk:

:boing:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

They were Made by Middy
Rok 'ard they were called.
I sold dozens of them to the barbel lads...2 piece extending to about 9ft, and really strong
Ideal for on the Trent...sadly middy didnt sell enough of them and stopped making them. I had the last 30 they had...gone in a fortnight
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Out last night myself Kev, had a first whereby I was touch ledgering on double punched bread in 3 ft of water and a brown rat swam down and took the bread and made off with it, would of made for a swift unhooking with my right foot but it came off ...saved a blank!
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Stewlaws wrote: Thu Jun 23 2022 13:32 -
Out last night myself Kev, had a first whereby I was touch ledgering on double punched bread in 3 ft of water and a brown rat swam down and took the bread and made off with it, would of made for a swift unhooking with my right foot but it came off ...saved a blank!
Bit of a shock that Stew...whats the rod caight record for a rat :laughs:
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Oddly enough Kev there are plenty of Jacks in this water upto prob' 5-7lb been good, majority is half that, but the rats swim freely and unmolested across the canal ... savage gear would have it that pike predate on rats, I'm not so sure.
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Stewlaws wrote: Thu Jun 23 2022 14:21 -
Oddly enough Kev there are plenty of Jacks in this water upto prob' 5-7lb been good, majority is half that, but the rats swim freely and unmolested across the canal ... savage gear would have it that pike predate on rats, I'm not so sure.
I think Si was with me the other year when I caught a decent pike.
Out on the boat and sun in my eyes, thought the pike had took on a gobful of weed while playing it.
Grabbed hold with forceps...and out came a stinking mess (as in gagging stink) it was the skin tail and feet of a large regurgitated rat. The rest of it was digested
Rapidly a rat overboard type rat :laughs:
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

The rats here Kev would outsize the pike... odd water, decent roach/rudd/tench and bream yet all the pike are torpedoes, seen nothing of note although every local will point to the pike and declare it's massive! lol Water clarity is crystal clear so all there to see.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Kev Berry wrote: Thu Jun 23 2022 14:03 -
Stewlaws wrote: Thu Jun 23 2022 13:32 -
Bit of a shock that Stew...whats the rod caight record for a rat :laughs:

Is there a BRC class for a rat catching a record :exit:

:laughs:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus