sakuma hooks

norleveller
Captain
Captain

sakuma hooks

Post by norleveller » Tue Apr 03 2018 19:46

had two of the sakuma 535 trebles snap on me now,used mainly for livebaiting but when ive used them on the few occasions for deadbaiting have snapped when putting into part frozen baits stick to the eagle claw 774 me thinks

Steve D
Major
Major

Re: sakuma hooks

Post by Steve D » Tue Sep 04 2018 10:01

I've found them to be s***e aswell, same problem with them snapping! Chucked em in the bin.

Mike J
Major
Major

Post by Mike J » Wed Sep 05 2018 09:34

Ive used the Manta 6/0 singles for wrecking since they became available and found them as good as any Ive ever used.
My hook of choice if I was going today, which sadly Im not as it a lovely day 'out there'.

Perhaps yours are copies or the quality has deminished?

:shrug:

Steve D
Major
Major

Post by Steve D » Sun Sep 16 2018 17:24

Don't think mine were copies,Mike, iirc I got them direct from Sakuma, had 3 of them snap on me, one when unhooking a fish, one when hooking up a deadbait and the other while playing a fish. I found owners to be gash aswell but others rate them highly. Maybe I've been unlucky with dodgey batches :shrug:

I moved over to the fox power points despite people saying fox stuff is s***e I've not had a problem with them and also the partridge x7's have been spot on.

Jimk2
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Jimk2 » Mon Sep 17 2018 13:01

I had a batch of partridge X7's snap on me. They were literally snapping unhooking fish, every time one got bent in ice or a snag they snapped when bending back. I suspected they might of been copies. They were however ultra reliable with the fish I was catching.

Steve D
Major
Major

Post by Steve D » Mon Sep 17 2018 21:29

Jimk2 wrote:
I had a batch of partridge X7's snap on me. They were literally snapping unhooking fish, every time one got bent in ice or a snag they snapped when bending back. I suspected they might of been copies. They were however ultra reliable with the fish I was catching.
Not good to hear! Luckily I've not come across that with them (yet) !

Where did you get them from Jim and what size were they?

Jimk2
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Jimk2 » Mon Sep 17 2018 21:59

Steve D wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:

They were mostly size 6 and I bought them off ebay, It was some fly fishing shop in Ireland I think.

Steve D
Major
Major

Post by Steve D » Mon Sep 17 2018 22:10

Jimk2 wrote:
Steve D wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:

They were mostly size 6 and I bought them off ebay, It was some fly fishing shop in Ireland I think.
Ok mate cheers, I've only used them in size 2. Was gonna order some more this week from a fly fishing shop!! been getting them off lumby but he's out of stock atm.

Jimk2
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Jimk2 » Tue Sep 18 2018 09:55

Steve D wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
Steve D wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:

Ok mate cheers, I've only used them in size 2. Was gonna order some more this week from a fly fishing shop!! been getting them off lumby but he's out of stock atm.
They were all size 6's now I come to think about it.