Vintage tackle

Talk about Lure/Tackle ID's; Reminisce over bygone times and old fishing tackle
davethehawghunter
Private
Private

Vintage tackle

Post by davethehawghunter » Mon Jan 14 2019 20:23

Evening all, I have picked up some vintage spoons and pike fishing items over the last few months and it has got me interested .I wondered if anyone could recommend any literature on the subject with a view of what to look for and what you can expect to pay.
Cheers
Dave

Mike J
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Vintage tackle

Post by Mike J » Yesterday 11:40

davethehawghunter wrote:
Evening all, I have picked up some vintage spoons and pike fishing items over the last few months and it has got me interested .I wondered if anyone could recommend any literature on the subject with a view of what to look for and what you can expect to pay.
Cheers
Dave

If you ever get hold of a Jim Vincent spoon I would be interested in a deal, swop or similar.

davethehawghunter
Private
Private

Post by davethehawghunter » Yesterday 23:36

Hi,the first thing i purchased was a box of old pike gear from a local old boy. There were some Allcock gazette bungs in there,a few traces and about a dozen spoons, 3 of them were hardy Jim Vincent broads spoons. I understand they are quite collectable , but as i have only just started collecting i Will hang onto them for the time being.

davethehawghunter
Private
Private

Post by davethehawghunter » Yesterday 23:39

I can’t seem to find any up to date literature on such items, the books I have seen online seem a little dated.

davethehawghunter
Private
Private

Post by davethehawghunter » Yesterday 23:39

I can’t seem to find any up to date literature on such items, the books I have seen online seem a little dated.