Muck Boots

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Muck Boots

Post by Jimk2 » Tue Jan 22 2019 10:30

They are having a sale with 70% off on selected ranges selected sizes.

If your like me size 13 you can pick up £100 arctic excursion for £30 with free post.

https://www.muckbootcompany.co.uk/collections/sale
Last edited by Jimk2 on Tue Jan 22 2019 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

Woodchucker
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Muck Boots

Post by Woodchucker » Tue Jan 22 2019 10:43

Which shop Jim??
Perch are scared of wire, dont make me laugh!

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Tue Jan 22 2019 12:57

I'll edit my first post, It's muckboot direct. I did the same a couple of years ago got a pair 1/3 of the price. They had more sizes then though.

https://www.muckbootcompany.co.uk/collections/sale

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Tue Jan 22 2019 13:04

The ones I bough have sold out now!

These are the ones I ordered.

https://www.muckbootcompany.co.uk/produ ... ack-silver

juttle
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by juttle » Tue Jan 22 2019 14:00

Thanks for the heads up, best purchase I’ve made this year. Result!

Cheers Mate!
Bob

Woodchucker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Woodchucker » Tue Jan 22 2019 18:23

Cheers Jim, I have signed up for the news letter because my 10 year old pair have just started leaking and I am yet to see a better boot on the market. :thumbs:

spittlebug
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by spittlebug » Wed Jan 23 2019 00:05

Hi, Woody also, ask Craig RA99 on here (sure you will know him), how he likes his Grub 8.5mm Vibram Sole Snowlines.
Was his i tried on, hope there still going strong.

Bob

MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford » Wed Jan 23 2019 15:49

Muckboots are dangerous the soles offer no grip what so ever, grubs have a much better sole
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Wed Jan 23 2019 16:17

MarkBerrisford wrote:
Muckboots are dangerous the soles offer no grip what so ever, grubs have a much better sole
How is that Mark ? I have Muckboot Edgewater 2's and can't complain about the grip, in fact it's excellent ?

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Wed Jan 23 2019 16:43

Muckboot and Grubs both have vibrax soles on the top end of the ranges.

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Wed Jan 23 2019 16:45

I actually found it easier to walk in muckboots, they were a lot lighter than my grubs, But then again its dependent on what styles you go for.

MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford » Wed Jan 23 2019 19:32

BillCollins wrote:
MarkBerrisford wrote:
How is that Mark ? I have Muckboot Edgewater 2's and can't complain about the grip, in fact it's excellent ?
I’ve got the Tay sport in the muckboots and there’s no grip at all mud,ice,rocks they are lethal. The grubs with the vibram sole are a lot better, my muckboots are about 6 years old now I recon so the newer ones may well be better
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook

spittlebug
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by spittlebug » Thu Jan 24 2019 08:54

Hi, OTOH Grub were the dearer boots in past, with 8.5mm neoprene, Vibram Soles etc.
But now Muckboots do a lot more, vibram soles, at least 8mm neoprene etc.

Bob

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Thu Jan 24 2019 09:30

spittlebug wrote:
Hi, OTOH Grub were the dearer boots in past, with 8.5mm neoprene, Vibram Soles etc.
But now Muckboots do a lot more, vibram soles, at least 8mm neoprene etc.

Bob
I've never seen Grub's boots and they may well be even better, but what I can say about my Muckboots is that the day I got them and tried them on, it was a revelation as regards how comfortable a wellie can be for a "bigfoot" who had always been struggling to get something from the tackle companies to fit while remaining bearable to wear for the day.

Woodchucker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Woodchucker » Thu Jan 24 2019 10:16

spittlebug wrote:
Hi, Woody also, ask Craig RA99 on here (sure you will know him), how he likes his Grub 8.5mm Vibram Sole Snowlines.
Was his i tried on, hope there still going strong.

Bob
Will do buddy, I see him out on the river so I will have a word :thumbs:

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Fri Jan 25 2019 17:59

Well, my Muckboot Arctic Sports arrived today and on first inspection I'm very impressed. :thumbs:
The sizing is spot on as with my Edgewater 2's, if anything there is slightly more room to allow for thicker socks. They're extremely comfortable with no stiffness or 'new' feeling, plus they don't feel in any way ungainly or awkward as other thermal fishing boots do. I think I could happily set off for a few miles walk in the local forestry with them.
Time will tell I suppose, but looking good. :smile:

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Fri Jan 25 2019 18:02

BillCollins wrote:
Well, my Muckboot Arctic Sports arrived today and on first inspection I'm very impressed. :thumbs:
The sizing is spot on as with my Edgewater 2's, if anything there is slightly more room to allow for thicker socks. They're extremely comfortable with no stiffness or 'new' feeling, plus they don't feel in any way ungainly or awkward as other thermal fishing boots do. I think I could happily set off for a few miles walk in the local forestry with them.
Did you get them in the 70% off sale Bill or pay full price?

Those are the ones I'm using now, and going from the Grubs snowline with vibram sole to a standard sole I found them much lighter and easier to walk in and as warm.

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Fri Jan 25 2019 18:32

Jimk2 wrote:
BillCollins wrote:

Those are the ones I'm using now, and going from the Grubs snowline with vibram sole to a standard sole I found them much lighter and easier to walk in and as warm.
I had already ordered them on Amazon when you posted about the sale, Jim. I checked afterwards but I didn't see the 'tall' boot which is what I got, only the shorter version.? Maybe I wasn't looking properly. Anyway, £81 including delivery to the door here in Ireland and they arrived before the advised delivery date, so I'm happy. :thumbs:
Both pairs that I have now are undoubtedly the most comfortable wellies I've ever worn and the fit is excellent, I take size 13 and also have broad feet which is always a further problem even when buying ordinary footwear, these boots are spot on.

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Fri Jan 25 2019 18:48

BillCollins wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
BillCollins wrote:

I had already ordered them on Amazon when you posted about the sale, Jim. I checked afterwards but I didn't see the 'tall' boot which is what I got, only the shorter version.? Maybe I wasn't looking properly. Anyway, £81 including delivery to the door here in Ireland and they arrived before the advised delivery date, so I'm happy. :thumbs:
Both pairs that I have now are undoubtedly the most comfortable wellies I've ever worn and the fit is excellent, I take size 13 and also have broad feet which is always a further problem even when buying ordinary footwear, these boots are spot on.
Size 13, I feel your pain!
But that's twice now I've had the 70% deal and last time someone on facebook posted an additional discount code.

But you have to get the ones you want as all types aren't always in the sale!

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Fri Jan 25 2019 18:53

Jimk2 wrote:
BillCollins wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
BillCollins wrote:

But that's twice now I've had the 70% deal and last time someone on facebook posted an additional discount code.

I don't mind paying the few quid Jim, as long as I'm happy with what I got. :thumbs:

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Fri Jan 25 2019 19:37

BillCollins wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
BillCollins wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
BillCollins wrote:

I don't mind paying the few quid Jim, as long as I'm happy with what I got. :thumbs:
:thumbs: :thumbs:

spittlebug
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by spittlebug » Sat Jan 26 2019 00:42

Hi, this shows why Mucks & Grubs similar.
Both should be good. Both gone through changes.

https://www.grubsbootsonline.co.uk/grub ... muck-boots

Bob

Biggthepool
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Biggthepool » Wed Feb 13 2019 22:58

Top quality boot 👍

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Thu Feb 14 2019 12:58

Well, I've worn the Arctic Sports out and about a few times now and they are excellent. Very comfortable with no feeling of being cumbersome etc and with just a standard pair of thermal socks (3 pairs for a fiver type...) my feet have been just nice, not too warm and not cold, and that included a couple of days with snow. :thumbs:

Derek Kelly
Roach
Roach

Post by Derek Kelly » Thu Feb 14 2019 20:53

Pair your muckboots with hr halls protrek extreme hiking socks. Fantastic
Last edited by Derek Kelly on Fri Feb 15 2019 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans » Thu Feb 14 2019 22:38

Got sealskin socks for leaky waders n spot on,, bought hot toes or tootsies ???? They are stick on heat patches for toes and are spot on,,,peel off paper and stick to socks either top or bottom of toes or in my case both,,n f****n great for 6hrs or so

The_Exile
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by The_Exile » Sat Feb 16 2019 13:58

My Muck Boot Tay Sports are still going strong after 7 years, I tend to judge products on if I would replace them with the same model or not - and when my Muck Boots finally fial it will be another pair of the same that I buy.