L.Ken Boat Registration

For all anglers who like to go afloat to catch their fish
User avatar
Sean gilchrist
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1385
Joined: Sun Sep 04 2011 05:00
Location: Nawfarfaeken

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Sean gilchrist » Sat May 18 2019 07:33

Jimk2 wrote:
Very expensive for couple of days a year, we should all just share a key Will,
I'd be more than happy to be the keeper. I stay 10mins from the slip.
You can only pish with the c*ck you've got

User avatar
Sean gilchrist
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1385
Joined: Sun Sep 04 2011 05:00
Location: Nawfarfaeken

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Sean gilchrist » Sat May 18 2019 07:35

gus666 wrote:
Possibly won't affect the majority of guys on this forum, but I've been told that there's been a few incidents of the padlock at the public slip being sabotaged. I've heard it was superglued. Just a warning if anyone is going there.
I've only heard this 3rd hand, but if it's true it sounds like someone is severely scunnered at the whole situation.
Not guilty
You can only pish with the c*ck you've got

User avatar
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4160
Joined: Fri Sep 09 2011 05:00
Location: Sunderland
Contact:

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Jimk2 » Sat May 18 2019 10:00

Sean gilchrist wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
Very expensive for couple of days a year, we should all just share a key Will,
I'd be more than happy to be the keeper. I stay 10mins from the slip.
And guide :cool:

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Nov 06 2017 15:05

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Mark_Houghton » Sat May 18 2019 11:21

Sean gilchrist wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Alan_dalton wrote:
They wanted is us to buy 3 keys for thre boats for one weeks fishing!! Taking the p**s!!!
It`ll be his downfall....I`m surprised someone hasn`t already ripped the gate off or chopped it with a stihl saw. Wonder if the taxman knows about this key revenue too.....i`d wager not, especially as its cash only...
I doubt it very much Mark. When I checked to see what kind of padlock they were using it was a £10 one from Wilkos. Hardly high security. You can open them with a pair of pliers and a hammer.
I also see that he has acquired the old red rangers plastic toy boat.( for heehaw I believe).
I was meaning more for causing him hassle than for access Sean. I know lads who used to fish the loch who wouldn`t have just wrecked the gate, they`d have weighed the bugger in after chopping it up if someone had tried being as greedy as this chap.....

User avatar
fergie68
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2351
Joined: Thu Sep 01 2011 05:00

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by fergie68 » Sat May 18 2019 11:39

Has anyone challenged his right to do this. ❓
Is he a riperian owner.
Is there a PO on the Loch. ❓
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP

User avatar
Sean gilchrist
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1385
Joined: Sun Sep 04 2011 05:00
Location: Nawfarfaeken

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Sean gilchrist » Sat May 18 2019 12:50

Jimk2 wrote:
Sean gilchrist wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
Very expensive for couple of days a year, we should all just share a key Will,
I'd be more than happy to be the keeper. I stay 10mins from the slip.
And guide :cool:
Anytime Jim
You can only pish with the c*ck you've got

User avatar
Sean gilchrist
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1385
Joined: Sun Sep 04 2011 05:00
Location: Nawfarfaeken

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Sean gilchrist » Sat May 18 2019 12:51

Mark_Houghton wrote:
Sean gilchrist wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Alan_dalton wrote:
They wanted is us to buy 3 keys for thre boats for one weeks fishing!! Taking the p**s!!!
It`ll be his downfall....I`m surprised someone hasn`t already ripped the gate off or chopped it with a stihl saw. Wonder if the taxman knows about this key revenue too.....i`d wager not, especially as its cash only...
I doubt it very much Mark. When I checked to see what kind of padlock they were using it was a £10 one from Wilkos. Hardly high security. You can open them with a pair of pliers and a hammer.
I also see that he has acquired the old red rangers plastic toy boat.( for heehaw I believe).
I was meaning more for causing him hassle than for access Sean. I know lads who used to fish the loch who wouldn`t have just wrecked the gate, they`d have weighed the bugger in after chopping it up if someone had tried being as greedy as this chap.....


What is the price of scrap just now?
You can only pish with the c*ck you've got

User avatar
Sean gilchrist
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1385
Joined: Sun Sep 04 2011 05:00
Location: Nawfarfaeken

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Sean gilchrist » Sat May 18 2019 12:52

fergie68 wrote:
Has anyone challenged his right to do this. ❓
Is he a riperian owner.
Is there a PO on the Loch. ❓
He chairs the loch ken management committee.
You can only pish with the c*ck you've got

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Nov 06 2017 15:05

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Mark_Houghton » Sat May 18 2019 13:08

Sean gilchrist wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Sean gilchrist wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Alan_dalton wrote:
They wanted is us to buy 3 keys for thre boats for one weeks fishing!! Taking the p**s!!!
It`ll be his downfall....I`m surprised someone hasn`t already ripped the gate off or chopped it with a stihl saw. Wonder if the taxman knows about this key revenue too.....i`d wager not, especially as its cash only...
I doubt it very much Mark. When I checked to see what kind of padlock they were using it was a £10 one from Wilkos. Hardly high security. You can open them with a pair of pliers and a hammer.
I also see that he has acquired the old red rangers plastic toy boat.( for heehaw I believe).
I was meaning more for causing him hassle than for access Sean. I know lads who used to fish the loch who wouldn`t have just wrecked the gate, they`d have weighed the bugger in after chopping it up if someone had tried being as greedy as this chap.....


What is the price of scrap just now?
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

User avatar
fergie68
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2351
Joined: Thu Sep 01 2011 05:00

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by fergie68 » Sat May 18 2019 15:00

They must have gave him the go head then. Its a fair add on to the price of your fishing. Its putting it i to the realms of salmon fishing.
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP

User avatar
gus666
Zander
Zander
Posts: 5715
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses, For Honest Men and bonnie lassies...

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by gus666 » Sat May 18 2019 21:27

Sean gilchrist wrote:
gus666 wrote:
Possibly won't affect the majority of guys on this forum, but I've been told that there's been a few incidents of the padlock at the public slip being sabotaged. I've heard it was superglued. Just a warning if anyone is going there.
I've only heard this 3rd hand, but if it's true it sounds like someone is severely scunnered at the whole situation.
Not guilty
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Buster
Stickleback
Stickleback
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 24 2019 15:31

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Buster » Fri May 24 2019 16:01

I will make a stand for mr smee I have known him for 25 years and always found him very helpful over the years as for checking on people fishing near the boats that’s a good thing there are that many scumbags about I had a boat on the loch for over 10 years when I was a bit younger and he got me out of a mess many times and I will always be gratefull for his help as for price rises the beer has gone up so has the cost of fishing
Sorry if I get anyone angry but you must speak as you find
Jim McDonald

User avatar
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum
Posts: 4304
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lancashire
Contact:

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Ben » Fri May 24 2019 17:39

He’s always been really sound with me as well Jim, don’t want to get involved with the debate over fees etc but you take people as you find them, just like Mungo at the holiday park has always been kind to me, so what if he adds charges for dogs and extra cars, I find that is the case at most places
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

Will Smith
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1852
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Snods Edge, Northumberland

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Will Smith » Sat May 25 2019 21:37

We were up last week and we went to register the boats on Monday, the lad Matt came down to see to us, he seemed a really nice lad to be fair, we had a good bit crack about the new regime (him and his Dad Martin) taking over the registration process and the Ranger Service on the lock.
In all fairness and without going into too much detail they do need to be paid for the work that they are taking on, I'm sure that they did a budget and the result was that the price of something had to increase to make up the shortfall between what is required to provide that service and what has been realised in revenue over previous years, don't forget that the council registration and ranger services may well have been subsidised and may not have fully covered costs.
You cannot expect Matt and his Dad Martin to run the service at a loss !
I did ask Matt if the registration could be done online for next year, he did not sound to sure about that, we will see :shrug: with luck they may be able to sort that out.
Anyway, I am registered for another year now, and the fishing and weather up there last week was not the best :sad: .

Will.

Ferngrove
Stickleback
Stickleback
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 29 2019 17:38
Location: Crossmichael, Castle Douglas
Contact:

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Ferngrove » Fri May 31 2019 19:07

We have recently registered our boat.....but couldnt buy a key, out of stock.....

Post Reply