L.Ken Boat Registration

For all anglers who like to go afloat to catch their fish
User avatar
Sean gilchrist
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sun Sep 04 2011 05:00
Location: Nawfarfaeken

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Sean gilchrist » Yesterday 07:33

Jimk2 wrote:
Very expensive for couple of days a year, we should all just share a key Will,
I'd be more than happy to be the keeper. I stay 10mins from the slip.
You can only pish with the c*ck you've got

User avatar
Sean gilchrist
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sun Sep 04 2011 05:00
Location: Nawfarfaeken

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Sean gilchrist » Yesterday 07:35

gus666 wrote:
Possibly won't affect the majority of guys on this forum, but I've been told that there's been a few incidents of the padlock at the public slip being sabotaged. I've heard it was superglued. Just a warning if anyone is going there.
I've only heard this 3rd hand, but if it's true it sounds like someone is severely scunnered at the whole situation.
Not guilty
You can only pish with the c*ck you've got

User avatar
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4127
Joined: Fri Sep 09 2011 05:00
Location: Sunderland
Contact:

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Jimk2 » Yesterday 10:00

Sean gilchrist wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
Very expensive for couple of days a year, we should all just share a key Will,
I'd be more than happy to be the keeper. I stay 10mins from the slip.
And guide :cool:

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Nov 06 2017 15:05

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Mark_Houghton » Yesterday 11:21

Sean gilchrist wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Alan_dalton wrote:
They wanted is us to buy 3 keys for thre boats for one weeks fishing!! Taking the p**s!!!
It`ll be his downfall....I`m surprised someone hasn`t already ripped the gate off or chopped it with a stihl saw. Wonder if the taxman knows about this key revenue too.....i`d wager not, especially as its cash only...
I doubt it very much Mark. When I checked to see what kind of padlock they were using it was a £10 one from Wilkos. Hardly high security. You can open them with a pair of pliers and a hammer.
I also see that he has acquired the old red rangers plastic toy boat.( for heehaw I believe).
I was meaning more for causing him hassle than for access Sean. I know lads who used to fish the loch who wouldn`t have just wrecked the gate, they`d have weighed the bugger in after chopping it up if someone had tried being as greedy as this chap.....

User avatar
fergie68
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Sep 01 2011 05:00

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by fergie68 » Yesterday 11:39

Has anyone challenged his right to do this. ❓
Is he a riperian owner.
Is there a PO on the Loch. ❓
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP

User avatar
Sean gilchrist
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sun Sep 04 2011 05:00
Location: Nawfarfaeken

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Sean gilchrist » Yesterday 12:50

Jimk2 wrote:
Sean gilchrist wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
Very expensive for couple of days a year, we should all just share a key Will,
I'd be more than happy to be the keeper. I stay 10mins from the slip.
And guide :cool:
Anytime Jim
You can only pish with the c*ck you've got

User avatar
Sean gilchrist
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sun Sep 04 2011 05:00
Location: Nawfarfaeken

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Sean gilchrist » Yesterday 12:51

Mark_Houghton wrote:
Sean gilchrist wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Alan_dalton wrote:
They wanted is us to buy 3 keys for thre boats for one weeks fishing!! Taking the p**s!!!
It`ll be his downfall....I`m surprised someone hasn`t already ripped the gate off or chopped it with a stihl saw. Wonder if the taxman knows about this key revenue too.....i`d wager not, especially as its cash only...
I doubt it very much Mark. When I checked to see what kind of padlock they were using it was a £10 one from Wilkos. Hardly high security. You can open them with a pair of pliers and a hammer.
I also see that he has acquired the old red rangers plastic toy boat.( for heehaw I believe).
I was meaning more for causing him hassle than for access Sean. I know lads who used to fish the loch who wouldn`t have just wrecked the gate, they`d have weighed the bugger in after chopping it up if someone had tried being as greedy as this chap.....


What is the price of scrap just now?
You can only pish with the c*ck you've got

User avatar
Sean gilchrist
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sun Sep 04 2011 05:00
Location: Nawfarfaeken

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Sean gilchrist » Yesterday 12:52

fergie68 wrote:
Has anyone challenged his right to do this. ❓
Is he a riperian owner.
Is there a PO on the Loch. ❓
He chairs the loch ken management committee.
You can only pish with the c*ck you've got

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Nov 06 2017 15:05

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by Mark_Houghton » Yesterday 13:08

Sean gilchrist wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Sean gilchrist wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Alan_dalton wrote:
They wanted is us to buy 3 keys for thre boats for one weeks fishing!! Taking the p**s!!!
It`ll be his downfall....I`m surprised someone hasn`t already ripped the gate off or chopped it with a stihl saw. Wonder if the taxman knows about this key revenue too.....i`d wager not, especially as its cash only...
I doubt it very much Mark. When I checked to see what kind of padlock they were using it was a £10 one from Wilkos. Hardly high security. You can open them with a pair of pliers and a hammer.
I also see that he has acquired the old red rangers plastic toy boat.( for heehaw I believe).
I was meaning more for causing him hassle than for access Sean. I know lads who used to fish the loch who wouldn`t have just wrecked the gate, they`d have weighed the bugger in after chopping it up if someone had tried being as greedy as this chap.....


What is the price of scrap just now?
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

User avatar
fergie68
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Sep 01 2011 05:00

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by fergie68 » Yesterday 15:00

They must have gave him the go head then. Its a fair add on to the price of your fishing. Its putting it i to the realms of salmon fishing.
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP

User avatar
gus666
Zander
Zander
Posts: 5710
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses, For Honest Men and bonnie lassies...

Re: L.Ken Boat Registration

Post by gus666 » Yesterday 21:27

Sean gilchrist wrote:
gus666 wrote:
Possibly won't affect the majority of guys on this forum, but I've been told that there's been a few incidents of the padlock at the public slip being sabotaged. I've heard it was superglued. Just a warning if anyone is going there.
I've only heard this 3rd hand, but if it's true it sounds like someone is severely scunnered at the whole situation.
Not guilty
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Post Reply