Wader recommendations please

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Wader recommendations please

Post by Danoutdoors » Tue Jul 02 2019 10:15

Hi folks, after buying a decent pair of waders so looking for recommendations, see a lot of people wearing the vass ones but not sure if that’s coz they are carpy fashionable or something, want them to be pretty hard wearing, thanks

dave-newman
Perch
Perch

Re: Wader recommendations please

Post by dave-newman » Tue Jul 02 2019 10:49

VASS waders for me, i have a pair, cant fault them, comfy, very quick drying when out the water. excellent.

Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug » Tue Jul 02 2019 11:25

I’ve got some Vass ones they are hard wearing but I still get holes in them though.
What type of fishing/ weather are you using them for?

Cyprio
Perch
Perch

Post by Cyprio » Tue Jul 02 2019 11:55

I also have VASS waders. The waders themselves are well made with a good tread and easy to get on and off.
What pisses me off is the braces. Now for VASS it's 10/10 for marketing as all the lemmings can pose with their
Catch showing off they own a pair of VASS waders.
They even make jumpers with the strap logo just to make sure
Your showing your catch with the latest Korda pose, :w****r: s
(I'm sure they must do a whole to series on different poses).

Me I went online and ordered a pair of camo braces. Made me feel a lot better :thumbs: :laughs:

Andy

There is a thread on here from last year with some good advice on good waders, hopefully you have more luck
With the search function as I'm back to sitting on the naughty step :roll:

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Tue Jul 02 2019 11:59

Slug wrote:
I’ve got some Vass ones they are hard wearing but I still get holes in them though.
Using them for all sorts really, I have a pair of cheep ones that are ok but want something I can be comfortable in for most the day and they just aren’t great, thanks for your replies folks

Mattjb
Perch
Perch

Post by Mattjb » Tue Jul 02 2019 12:51

Danoutdoors wrote:
Slug wrote:
Using them for all sorts really, I have a pair of cheep ones that are ok but want something I can be comfortable in for most the day and they just aren’t great, thanks for your replies folks
I'd say for being comfortable all day you would need breathable ones. I've had neoprene and ordinary chesties and its Betty swallocks all the way in mild weather!

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Tue Jul 02 2019 13:05

Mattjb wrote:
Danoutdoors wrote:
Slug wrote:
I'd say for being comfortable all day you would need breathable ones. I've had neoprene and ordinary chesties and its Betty swallocks all the way in mild weather!
Yea I’d probably like to rule out them Betty swallocks, any breathable ones you’d recommend? Thanks

Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug » Tue Jul 02 2019 14:00

Yes comfortable you will want breathables.
I’ve seen people go from cheap to expensive and back again as they all seem to last the same amount of time you may as well go eBay cheapest and replace when needed.

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Tue Jul 02 2019 14:21

Slug wrote:
I’ve seen people go from cheap to expensive and back again as they all seem to last the same amount of time you may as well go eBay cheapest and replace when needed.
Yea did wonder if that might be the way to go 🤔

The_Saint
Roach
Roach

Post by The_Saint » Tue Jul 02 2019 14:21

Vass waders for me, 100%. Also great after sales service as well. I keep my waders hung up to keep them aired, eventually the elastic stretched beyond repair, Vass sent me new elastic which the boss replaced using her haberdashery skills.
from the skool of hard knox and the university of life

Flipflopjoe
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Flipflopjoe » Tue Jul 02 2019 14:22

I heard good things about Leeda Volare breathable Chesties, then a bloke found a cheap pair direct from China that looked IDENTICAL at a fraction of the cost. Bought them and said they are exactly the same waders without the branding.
I’ll try find the link if you’re interested !?!

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Tue Jul 02 2019 14:39

Flipflopjoe wrote:
I heard good things about Leeda Volare breathable Chesties, then a bloke found a cheap pair direct from China that looked IDENTICAL at a fraction of the cost. Bought them and said they are exactly the same waders without the branding.
Yea sounds interesting 👍 thanks

Flipflopjoe
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Flipflopjoe » Tue Jul 02 2019 16:14

Danoutdoors wrote:
Flipflopjoe wrote:
Couldn’t find the original link but I’m 99.9% sure these are them although I’m sure he said he paid £45 so they’ve obviously gone up a few quid.

£52.73 27% Off | Men's Fly Fishing Waders Hunting Chest Wader outdoor Breathable Clothing Wading Pants Waterproof Clothes overalls stocking foot
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bQRaUEbW

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Tue Jul 02 2019 17:50

Flipflopjoe wrote:
Danoutdoors wrote:
Flipflopjoe wrote:
Couldn’t find the original link but I’m 99.9% sure these are them although I’m sure he said he paid £45 so they’ve obviously gone up a few quid.

£52.73 27% Off | Men's Fly Fishing Waders Hunting Chest Wader outdoor Breathable Clothing Wading Pants Waterproof Clothes overalls stocking foot
Thanks joe, after you said I had a look on e bay and noticed the ones matching the leeda ones like you said, only downside is they take a long time shipping them from all the retailers I’ve found, thanks again for looking that out 👍

Mattjb
Perch
Perch

Post by Mattjb » Tue Jul 02 2019 19:08

Danoutdoors wrote:
Mattjb wrote:
Danoutdoors wrote:
Slug wrote:
Yea I’d probably like to rule out them Betty swallocks, any breathable ones you’d recommend? Thanks
Sorry, I haven't had the need to use waders for years.

Will Smith
Chub
Chub

Post by Will Smith » Tue Jul 02 2019 20:11

Slug wrote:
I have heard exactly the same from guys I know who wear waders a lot and have found from experience that expensive ones hole just as easily as the cheap ones, so they just buy the cheap ones now.

Will.

Flipflopjoe
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Flipflopjoe » Wed Jul 03 2019 00:06

Danoutdoors wrote:
Flipflopjoe wrote:
Danoutdoors wrote:
Flipflopjoe wrote:

Thanks joe, after you said I had a look on e bay and noticed the ones matching the leeda ones like you said, only downside is they take a long time shipping them from all the retailers I’ve found, thanks again for looking that out 👍
No worries, I’m probably gonna be getting a pair of these myself once my snowbee’s throw the towel in, but yeah the delivery wait is the only issue !
Will have to order early :thumbs:

Old School Piker
Roach
Roach

Post by Old School Piker » Wed Jul 03 2019 18:07

I have a pair of the “Volare” breathable waders and have been using them for 3 years. Can’t fault them and tbh, the ones shown in the link are exactly the same, ( and a hell of a lot cheaper), than I paid. A good wader for sure, though I only use them in the warmer months for Trout and Bass. For cold water work, go neoprene.

Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips » Wed Jul 03 2019 20:04

Danoutdoors wrote:
Hi folks, after buying a decent pair of waders so looking for recommendations, see a lot of people wearing the vass ones but not sure if that’s coz they are carpy fashionable or something, want them to be pretty hard wearing, thanks
Chest or thigh? Everyone seems to be assuming you mean chest waders?

I use Dunlop thigh (now Hunters are no more) and Daiwa neoprene chest. Both just fine for me - they do the job and are comfortable to wear and walk in. Doing well on the wear and tear front as well. I think the Vass chest waders make most people look like circus clowns and of course any item of clothing or footwear aimed at carp anglers has avoid written all over it. I wear thigh waders for most of my lure fishing on pits and am an occasional chestier wearer... if I needed them more, I'd definitely spend some £ and go down the breathable route.

Danoutdoors
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Danoutdoors » Wed Jul 03 2019 20:36

Mark Phillips wrote:
Danoutdoors wrote:
Chest or thigh? Everyone seems to be assuming you mean chest waders?

I use Dunlop thigh (now Hunters are no more) and Daiwa neoprene chest. Both just fine for me - they do the job and are comfortable to wear and walk in. Doing well on the wear and tear front as well. I think the Vass chest waders make most people look like circus clowns and of course any item of clothing or footwear aimed at carp anglers has avoid written all over it. I wear thigh waders for most of my lure fishing on pits and am an occasional chestier wearer... if I needed them more, I'd definitely spend some £ and go down the breathable route.
Hi Mark, chesties I was on about, Ive actually gone ahead and ordered some of the vass £70 jobs as I could get them quick, I will refer back to this in the future with a bit more time and probably get some breathable ones or basic ones depending on how I get on, thanks again folks for the reply’s 👍

Rob1980
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Rob1980 » Thu Sep 12 2019 10:01

I went into my local tackle shop with the intention of buying a pair off cheap chesties, just to do the job, and new in were some pro logic breathable with neoprean lining in the boots, very light boots could walk all day in them, so I bought them, thought they looked good value and worth a try, I don't think they would stand up to a lot ofheavy use, but for me I think they will do the job, deffo worth anybody checking out tho

FN19
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by FN19 » Fri Sep 13 2019 21:40

I wanted a cheap pair for fly fishing my local river which I only do about 6 times a year after seeing another post on here I went with the vass 600s wish I had spent the extra 20 quid on a different pair I would be as well putting a handful of gravel in them before I start as I felt every stone in the river thru the soles, I know they have a wide range and the more you spend on them the beter they will probably be but I wouldn`t buy another pair

zodiac
Chub
Chub

Post by zodiac » Fri Sep 13 2019 21:44

Rob1980 wrote:
I went into my local tackle shop with the intention of buying a pair off cheap chesties, just to do the job, and new in were some pro logic breathable with neoprean lining in the boots, very light boots could walk all day in them, so I bought them, thought they looked good value and worth a try, I don't think they would stand up to a lot ofheavy use, but for me I think they will do the job, deffo worth anybody checking out tho

You'll be surprised how long pro logic gear lasts Rob, it's some of the best value gear on the market. I've had a lot of prologic stuff over the years, never been disappointed.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly

Luce-wizard
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Luce-wizard » Fri Sep 13 2019 22:14

Vass for me 2! great after care to, I broke a clip messaged them asking if I could get a replacement and ended up sending me a new clip FOC 👍🏻
You could be just 1 cast away from a fish of your dreams :clap:

Rob1980
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Rob1980 » Fri Sep 13 2019 22:53

zodiac wrote:
Rob1980 wrote:

You'll be surprised how long pro logic gear lasts Rob, it's some of the best value gear on the market. I've had a lot of prologic stuff over the years, never been disappointed.
Tbh that's why I thought I'd try them, iv had a prologic jacket and bib and brace set and it's still going strong, never let me down yet.