Boots

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
Richsheff
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Boots

Post by Richsheff » Fri Nov 08 2019 19:09

Looking to pick up a new pair. Any recommendations ?
Looking for warm, comfy and waterproof.

Ive been looking at a pair of the tf gear ones earlier which seem good if anyone can vouch for how water tight they are...

John2019
Stickleback
Stickleback

Re: Boots

Post by John2019 » Fri Nov 08 2019 19:40

Skee Tex field or moon boots well worth the money & last you years if you look after them. Can buy new liners for them too!

Woolley bully
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Woolley bully » Fri Nov 08 2019 20:12

I have tf gear rock hoppers (sea fishing boots)
There not bad to be fair but I found they leak . Had them about 3 seasons and last time I was out noticed my left foot was wet , they may have always leaked but I usually don't go paddling in puddles but I did last Saturday.
Shame really as there good for all other things but not walking in puddles.

I got them real cheap to be honest and was more of an impulse buy than a researched product purchase.

I'm going to try some Navitas lites tomorrow to see how they feel as I can't be dealing with wet feet :thumbs:
Last edited by Woolley bully on Fri Nov 08 2019 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
Born to fish but forced to work

Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips » Fri Nov 08 2019 20:14

Skeetex for me in winter, but only when I am going to be sitting around a lot or be in the boat. There's probably better you can buy, but they do the job for me and seem to last a very long time. Liners usually last a couple of seasons. I wouldn't touch their field boots after hearing many a gripe about them from others. One problem with skeetex is they can be too warm if you're active. For that I use North Face Chilkats - decent and very comfortable hiking boot, that's also waterproof (gore tex) and warm due to the thermal liner.

Richsheff
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Richsheff » Fri Nov 08 2019 21:08

Woolley bully wrote:
There not bad to be fair but I found they leak . Had them about 3 seasons and last time I was out noticed my left foot was wet , they may have always leaked but I usually don't go paddling in puddles but I did last Saturday.

I got them real cheap to be honest and was more of an impulse buy than a researched product purchase.

I'm going to try some Navitas lites tomorrow to see how they feel as I can't be dealing with wet feet :thumbs:

To be honest. After a quick look online at boots and then looking back at the supposed waterproof boots ive had in the past i may well decide on wellies myself. My muck boots lasted 5 years until i tore them but the sole was useless ! I think they were the Edgewater.

loughouversdream
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by loughouversdream » Fri Nov 08 2019 23:41

Kamik or baffin boots, the Canadians know a few things about bad weather!

juttle
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by juttle » Sat Nov 09 2019 07:17

I’ve just retired a pair of Aigles that have done me well for over 10 years and replaced them with a pair of Sorel Caribou’s. 9mm liners, leather top, rubber sole and upper, very grippy on slippery stuff as they’re made for ice and snow. Very “clumpy” and you wouldn’t want to walk far but excellent in the warmth and comfort dept!
Bob

Woolley bully
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Woolley bully » Sat Nov 09 2019 11:12

Richsheff wrote:
Woolley bully wrote:

To be honest. After a quick look online at boots and then looking back at the supposed waterproof boots ive had in the past i may well decide on wellies myself. My muck boots lasted 5 years until i tore them but the sole was useless ! I think they were the Edgewater.
If I buy these wellies today this will be my first pair of none boot type fishing foot wear .
I was put off wellies mainly because I do a fair old walk to some areas I fish and always found boots fit the bill but with the weather and rivers the way they are I'm definitely going to need wellies, I just hope they are as good as people claim.
Will let you all know my thoughts

Fitas
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Fitas » Sat Nov 09 2019 15:19

Muckboots all day long and easy to walk in as well

Woolley bully
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Woolley bully » Sat Nov 09 2019 16:51

Ok went go-out-doors and purchased the Navitas lites.
Had a good March around the shop in them as you do and there very nice to walk in and seem well insulated, to say there light weight is an understatement! It was like picking up an empty kettle when you suspect its full..
I wear timberland boots daily and these wellies are a fair bit lighter than my timberlands .
Paid £29.99 for them.

Will just have to see how good there are , as with most things they always look good but the proof is in the pudding

Richsheff
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Richsheff » Sat Nov 09 2019 17:18

Woolley bully wrote:
Ok went go-out-doors and purchased the Navitas lites.
Had a good March around the shop in them as you do and there very nice to walk in and seem well insulated, to say there light weight is an understatement! It was like picking up an empty kettle when you suspect its full..
I wear timberland boots daily and these wellies are a fair bit lighter than my timberlands .
Paid £29.99 for them.

Will just have to see how good there are , as with most things they always look good but the proof is in the pudding
Sound ideal wellies :thumbs: