Ipilot

For all anglers who like to go afloat to catch their fish
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Ipilot

Post by Jimk2 » Fri Nov 29 2019 17:36

Can anyone recommend a UK dealer, or a Black Friday deal.
Looking to purchase one of these for my seastrike.

neil hardiker
Roach
Roach

Re: Ipilot

Post by neil hardiker » Sat Nov 30 2019 11:03

Got mine from Nev

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Sat Nov 30 2019 11:10

neil hardiker wrote:
Got mine from Nev
Which one did you get? I messaged Nev yesterday.

neil hardiker
Roach
Roach

Post by neil hardiker » Sat Nov 30 2019 12:13

Power drive v2 which I believe are the cheaper models. Also bought a couple of different mountings a flat sliding plate and a puck style. Really impressed with it. Not sure what lead times are currentLy Jim but I waited about 4 weeks for mine.

Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook » Tue Dec 03 2019 21:34

Almost zero in country until February, the huge demand this winter has taken the distributor by surprise!!

Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook » Tue Dec 03 2019 21:36

So no bargains at all, if you pay above RRP for air freight you might get sooner

andrew_nagel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by andrew_nagel » Tue Dec 03 2019 21:48

Got mine from Nev at a good price.

Carlperkins
Zander
Zander

Post by Carlperkins » Wed Dec 04 2019 00:16

Check out other threads
👍
REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE AN ENGLISHMAN, AND HAVE CONSEQUENTLY WON FIRST IN THE LOTTERY OF LIFE

Cecil Rhodes

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Wed Dec 04 2019 08:54

Ian, what shaft length will I need for a 12’ seastrike?

I think it’s the lack of information about these that’s prevented me from ordering. The best price I found was from another thread from pecheur in France worked out £1100 with Black Friday code but it was foot pedal and I want the remote or both if there’s such a thing.

Thanks for replies

Carlperkins
Zander
Zander

Post by Carlperkins » Wed Dec 04 2019 09:21

Try ringing them to confirm the model you want.
I think it will work out cheaper than Neville
REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE AN ENGLISHMAN, AND HAVE CONSEQUENTLY WON FIRST IN THE LOTTERY OF LIFE

Cecil Rhodes

Danoutdoors
Perch
Perch

Post by Danoutdoors » Wed Dec 04 2019 10:21

Jimk2 wrote:

I think it’s the lack of information about these that’s prevented me from ordering. The best price I found was from another thread from pecheur in France worked out £1100 with Black Friday code but it was foot pedal and I want the remote or both if there’s such a thing.

Thanks for replies
You sure it’s with foot pedal? Sans pedal means without pedal, I got the same one you are on about and mine came with remote and you can buy the foot pedal as a extra from same sight, also you can load a app on your phone and also use the motor with that if say your handset went flat

Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug » Wed Dec 04 2019 10:30

If Pecheur are cheapest they have excellent customer service if you contact them to find out if it’s the right one.

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Wed Dec 04 2019 10:31

Danoutdoors wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:

Thanks for replies
You sure it’s with foot pedal? Sans pedal means without pedal, I got the same one you are on about and mine came with remote and you can buy the foot pedal as a extra from same sight, also you can load a app on your phone and also use the motor with that if say your handset went flat
Dan, that’s brilliant if so, I’ll order it. We had this conversation on a different thread. I’ll take another look.

Danoutdoors
Perch
Perch

Post by Danoutdoors » Wed Dec 04 2019 10:47

Jimk2 wrote:
Danoutdoors wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:

Thanks for replies
Dan, that’s brilliant if so, I’ll order it. We had this conversation on a different thread. I’ll take another look.
👍 there are some charts for working out your required shaft length, I just got a photo of my boat in water and worked out how far above the water the motor was to sit, maybe look on the minn Kota website for that. 👍

andrew_nagel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by andrew_nagel » Wed Dec 04 2019 17:13

Jim... just buy the longest saft length. I've had my motor for 10 years now and in that time kind of time span you might change boats. It also makes it easier to sell if you want rid in future as it will fit more boats. You can't really have it too long, but you can have it too short.

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Wed Dec 04 2019 18:16

andrew_nagel wrote:
Jim... just buy the longest saft length. I've had my motor for 10 years now and in that time kind of time span you might change boats. It also makes it easier to sell if you want rid in future as it will fit more boats. You can't really have it too long, but you can have it too short.
You can't really have it too long, but you can have it too short.

I had a girl friend that said that to me once Andy :laughs: :giggle: :lol:

Grant :smile:
Grant Everson

What people say there going todo and what they actually do is two completely different things :wink:

I know a lot about a bit of stuff and a bit about a lot of stuff :wink:

I upset some guys because I tell it as it is :wink:

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Wed Dec 04 2019 18:47

andrew_nagel wrote:
Makes sense to me Andrew, thanks :thumbs:

Will Smith
Chub
Chub

Post by Will Smith » Wed Dec 04 2019 19:46

Jim.

When I bought mine a couple of years ago I simply went onto the Minn Kota website where you can pick and mix (build your own motor) to the spec you require (have you done that ?), it was really easy to navigate and when you are done it provides you with a model number, once you have that model number and not until, can you shop around for the best price.
You have to be asking all your potential suppliers to quote for the same model or how can you expect to get a result that makes any sense.
FYI for your boat you only require the shortest shaft available, although there is some sense in buying a longer one if you are planning on changing your boat in the future.
A useful feature that you may want to consider is to have a transducer installed into the motor itself, this gives you the opportunity to connect an echo sounder to the front of the boat as well, not essential but useful, can't be done afterwards though, and you will need to state the echo sounder model that you intend to use.

Will.

Will Smith
Chub
Chub

Post by Will Smith » Wed Dec 04 2019 19:50

Crackoff wrote:
andrew_nagel wrote:
You can't really have it too long, but you can have it too short.

I had a girl friend that said that to me once Andy :laughs: :giggle: :lol:

Grant :smile:
I have to disagree with you there old boy, if the shaft is too long it can stick up so far in a shallow water situation as to be a real nuisance when fishing from the front of the boat, you have continually lift your rod over the top of it which is really annoying.

Will

Carlperkins
Zander
Zander

Post by Carlperkins » Wed Dec 04 2019 20:55

I have the long shaft one on mine and don’t find it a problem 🤔

Cecil Rhodes

Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook » Wed Dec 04 2019 21:07

As Will says, you can spec it on the Minn Kota website but as said already, if you’re in a rush you might have to pay above RRP.

Shaft length - always good to get longer than required, I’d recommend 54” as a minimum. You need to consider the bow lifting in rough water, if the motor is lifting out or cavitation you will use far more power than necessary holding a mark or travelling.

With regards built in transducers, they are fine if you only want 2D at the bow (new Ultrex also has Mega DI), personally I would install a transducer with Sidescan to suit your choice of sonar, it’s easy to do using the mounts available

Remember if you buy outside the UK, including Le Pecheur, you do not have a UK warranty and it’s a heavy lump to ship back to France.

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Thu Dec 05 2019 08:46

Will Smith wrote:
Jim.

When I bought mine a couple of years ago I simply went onto the Minn Kota website where you can pick and mix (build your own motor) to the spec you require (have you done that ?), it was really easy to navigate and when you are done it provides you with a model number, once you have that model number and not until, can you shop around for the best price.
You have to be asking all your potential suppliers to quote for the same model or how can you expect to get a result that makes any sense.
FYI for your boat you only require the shortest shaft available, although there is some sense in buying a longer one if you are planning on changing your boat in the future.
A useful feature that you may want to consider is to have a transducer installed into the motor itself, this gives you the opportunity to connect an echo sounder to the front of the boat as well, not essential but useful, can't be done afterwards though, and you will need to state the echo sounder model that you intend to use.

Will.
Hi Will,

Sound advice there and the answer is no, I’m flat out with work, working close to 5 weeks offshore to 3 weeks home. When offshore my Wi-fi is limited and restricted so browsing for fishing gear is near impossible.
I suppose I was wanting it on a plate that I’ve seen before on Facebook, it was Ian Crook who recommended the unit from the friendly fisherman before they put the price up and are they closing the business?

I’m not to concerned about the transponder option as I’m using a Lowrance finder at the minute. Long term is to go back to humminbird so an ipilot link is a must.
Remote option over foot pedal or both especially if removeable and a shaft length of 54” (Thanks again Ian)

Hope your keeping well Will and getting out fishing :thumbs:

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Thu Dec 05 2019 08:47

Ian Crook wrote:
As Will says, you can spec it on the Minn Kota website but as said already, if you’re in a rush you might have to pay above RRP.

Shaft length - always good to get longer than required, I’d recommend 54” as a minimum. You need to consider the bow lifting in rough water, if the motor is lifting out or cavitation you will use far more power than necessary holding a mark or travelling.

With regards built in transducers, they are fine if you only want 2D at the bow (new Ultrex also has Mega DI), personally I would install a transducer with Sidescan to suit your choice of sonar, it’s easy to do using the mounts available

Remember if you buy outside the UK, including Le Pecheur, you do not have a UK warranty and it’s a heavy lump to ship back to France.
I’m not in any hurry Ian, think I’ve been looking for a while now and would of bought one if I knew what I wanted.
Thanks for advice

Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook » Thu Dec 05 2019 17:38

Jimk2 wrote:
Ian Crook wrote:

I’m not in any hurry Ian, think I’ve been looking for a while now and would of bought one if I knew what I wanted.
Thanks for advice
Jim,

You might find iPilot Link in stock, try Glasgow Angling Centre or Angling Active or MCA Boats in Ireland