filthy little rodent....

For the Twitchers amongst us
Post Reply
User avatar
dave-newman
Perch
Perch
Posts: 781
Joined: Wed May 29 2013 05:00
Location: East Side....

filthy little rodent....

Post by dave-newman » Mon Feb 10 2020 11:11

most dont like these, i love them, pretty funny capture IMO

Image

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 25253
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by davelumb » Mon Feb 10 2020 11:20

What a cheeky chappy!

User avatar
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2682
Joined: Sun Jan 04 2015 16:11
Location: Essex

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by Happy Hayes » Mon Feb 10 2020 14:18

Nice to know Im not the only one that finds them fascinating :thumbs:
Love em
Regards
Tom

User avatar
dave-newman
Perch
Perch
Posts: 781
Joined: Wed May 29 2013 05:00
Location: East Side....

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by dave-newman » Mon Feb 10 2020 14:35

Happy Hayes wrote:
Nice to know Im not the only one that finds them fascinating :thumbs:
Love em
Regards
Tom
THINK THERE bloody great mate..... hoping for Red squibbles in the lakes come september

Will Smith
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Snods Edge, Northumberland

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by Will Smith » Mon Feb 10 2020 20:59

Great photo Dave, but I am no fan of the Greys I'm afraid, you would still have the Reds nearer to you if it hadn't been for these guys.

Will.

wid
Roach
Roach
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 10 2017 21:19

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by wid » Tue Feb 11 2020 15:41

Nice picture, I've never seen a red in the wild which I think is a great shame, really don't like the grey squirrel

ianf
Gudgeon
Gudgeon
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Oct 03 2015 01:22

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by ianf » Tue Feb 11 2020 16:29

Great shot that. Been lucky enough to see a few reds up in Scotland
40995687185_512dedb4dd_k.jpg
41851570822_58408e2816_k.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
dave-newman
Perch
Perch
Posts: 781
Joined: Wed May 29 2013 05:00
Location: East Side....

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by dave-newman » Tue Feb 11 2020 16:41

ianf wrote:
Great shot that. Been lucky enough to see a few reds up in Scotland 40995687185_512dedb4dd_k.jpg41851570822_58408e2816_k.jpg
love it.... end of sept to the lakes, so heres hoping i see one

Rob1980
Gudgeon
Gudgeon
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 13 2018 11:03

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by Rob1980 » Tue Feb 11 2020 20:09

dave-newman wrote:
ianf wrote:
Great shot that. Been lucky enough to see a few reds up in Scotland 40995687185_512dedb4dd_k.jpg41851570822_58408e2816_k.jpg
love it.... end of sept to the lakes, so heres hoping i see one
Get yourself round grizedale forest, it's run by forestry commission, they do a lot to encourage the reds, as good a place as any to spot one I'd say.

User avatar
dave-newman
Perch
Perch
Posts: 781
Joined: Wed May 29 2013 05:00
Location: East Side....

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by dave-newman » Wed Feb 12 2020 08:34

Rob1980 wrote:
dave-newman wrote:
ianf wrote:
Great shot that. Been lucky enough to see a few reds up in Scotland 40995687185_512dedb4dd_k.jpg41851570822_58408e2816_k.jpg
love it.... end of sept to the lakes, so heres hoping i see one
Get yourself round grizedale forest, it's run by forestry commission, they do a lot to encourage the reds, as good a place as any to spot one I'd say.
funnily enough, im not far from there in September :)

User avatar
Freako
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1460
Joined: Thu Sep 29 2011 05:00
Location: Foxes Country

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by Freako » Wed Feb 12 2020 19:36

Great shot Dave.
Mick.

martin(rockape)
Perch
Perch
Posts: 996
Joined: Fri Nov 14 2014 22:11
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by martin(rockape) » Sat Feb 15 2020 03:45

wid wrote:
Nice picture, I've never seen a red in the wild which I think is a great shame, really don't like the grey squirrel
Only seen one in the wild in the uk and that was in Scotland. But when i was based in Germany looking out of my window you'd see them most of the time.

Regards

Martin

wid
Roach
Roach
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 10 2017 21:19

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by wid » Sun Feb 16 2020 18:32

martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
Nice picture, I've never seen a red in the wild which I think is a great shame, really don't like the grey squirrel
Only seen one in the wild in the uk and that was in Scotland. But when i was based in Germany looking out of my window you'd see them most of the time.

Regards

Martin
Used to be in Germany as well martin, laarbruch and then gutersloh, I can remember seeing plenty of deer and boar everywhere but can't remember seeing any reds

martin(rockape)
Perch
Perch
Posts: 996
Joined: Fri Nov 14 2014 22:11
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by martin(rockape) » Sun Feb 16 2020 19:10

wid wrote:
martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
Nice picture, I've never seen a red in the wild which I think is a great shame, really don't like the grey squirrel
Only seen one in the wild in the uk and that was in Scotland. But when i was based in Germany looking out of my window you'd see them most of the time.

Regards

Martin
Used to be in Germany as well martin, laarbruch and then gutersloh, I can remember seeing plenty of deer and boar everywhere but can't remember seeing any reds
Used to see wild boar when on exercise at night looking through the IWS (night vision).
I was based at Raf Bruggen, i take it you were in the RAF?

Regards

Martin

wid
Roach
Roach
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 10 2017 21:19

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by wid » Sun Feb 16 2020 23:05

martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
Nice picture, I've never seen a red in the wild which I think is a great shame, really don't like the grey squirrel
Only seen one in the wild in the uk and that was in Scotland. But when i was based in Germany looking out of my window you'd see them most of the time.

Regards

Martin
Used to be in Germany as well martin, laarbruch and then gutersloh, I can remember seeing plenty of deer and boar everywhere but can't remember seeing any reds
Used to see wild boar when on exercise at night looking through the IWS (night vision).
I was based at Raf Bruggen, i take it you were in the RAF?

Regards

Martin
Yes martin, did the bruggen 10 a couple of times, what years were you there, I was at laarbruch from 85 - 88 then did about 12 months at gutersloh

martin(rockape)
Perch
Perch
Posts: 996
Joined: Fri Nov 14 2014 22:11
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by martin(rockape) » Sun Feb 16 2020 23:10

wid wrote:
martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
Nice picture, I've never seen a red in the wild which I think is a great shame, really don't like the grey squirrel
Only seen one in the wild in the uk and that was in Scotland. But when i was based in Germany looking out of my window you'd see them most of the time.

Regards

Martin
Used to be in Germany as well martin, laarbruch and then gutersloh, I can remember seeing plenty of deer and boar everywhere but can't remember seeing any reds
Used to see wild boar when on exercise at night looking through the IWS (night vision).
I was based at Raf Bruggen, i take it you were in the RAF?

Regards

Martin
Yes martin, did the bruggen 10 a couple of times, what years were you there, I was at laarbruch from 85 - 88 then did about 12 months at gutersloh
1980 to 83. What section were you in? As you may have guessed from my username I was in the Raf Regiment.

Regards

Martin

wid
Roach
Roach
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 10 2017 21:19

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by wid » Sun Feb 16 2020 23:45

martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
Nice picture, I've never seen a red in the wild which I think is a great shame, really don't like the grey squirrel
Only seen one in the wild in the uk and that was in Scotland. But when i was based in Germany looking out of my window you'd see them most of the time.

Regards

Martin
Used to be in Germany as well martin, laarbruch and then gutersloh, I can remember seeing plenty of deer and boar everywhere but can't remember seeing any reds
Used to see wild boar when on exercise at night looking through the IWS (night vision).
I was based at Raf Bruggen, i take it you were in the RAF?

Regards

Martin
Yes martin, did the bruggen 10 a couple of times, what years were you there, I was at laarbruch from 85 - 88 then did about 12 months at gutersloh
1980 to 83. What section were you in? As you may have guessed from my username I was in the Raf Regiment.

Regards

Martin
I was in the fire section martin, loved living in Germany, where were you stationed in the UK

martin(rockape)
Perch
Perch
Posts: 996
Joined: Fri Nov 14 2014 22:11
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by martin(rockape) » Sun Feb 16 2020 23:48

wid wrote:
martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
martin(rockape) wrote:
wid wrote:
Nice picture, I've never seen a red in the wild which I think is a great shame, really don't like the grey squirrel
Only seen one in the wild in the uk and that was in Scotland. But when i was based in Germany looking out of my window you'd see them most of the time.

Regards

Martin
Used to be in Germany as well martin, laarbruch and then gutersloh, I can remember seeing plenty of deer and boar everywhere but can't remember seeing any reds
Used to see wild boar when on exercise at night looking through the IWS (night vision).
I was based at Raf Bruggen, i take it you were in the RAF?

Regards

Martin
Yes martin, did the bruggen 10 a couple of times, what years were you there, I was at laarbruch from 85 - 88 then did about 12 months at gutersloh
1980 to 83. What section were you in? As you may have guessed from my username I was in the Raf Regiment.

Regards

Martin
I was in the fire section martin, loved living in Germany, where were you stationed in the UK
My first posting was at Raf Wittering, very handy for me as i came from a village near Corby which is just a few miles away. My last few months i spent at raf Catterick.

Regards

Martin

70+piker
Gudgeon
Gudgeon
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Aug 02 2019 01:35

Re: filthy little rodent....

Post by 70+piker » Mon Feb 17 2020 23:43

Will Smith wrote:
Great photo Dave, but I am no fan of the Greys I'm afraid, you would still have the Reds nearer to you if it hadn't been for these guys.

Will.
+ 1. The greys eat the reds nuts! :wink: :wink:

Post Reply