Diawa hot foot inserts

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
Post Reply
User avatar
bencarvosso
Perch
Perch
Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Sep 27 2011 05:00
Location: sligo ireland

Diawa hot foot inserts

Post by bencarvosso » Tue Mar 24 2020 00:56

Anyone know any tackle shops where the inserts can be brought separately

Cheers
Running Ledger Fishing Blog
http://www.bencarvosso.wordpress.com

David Vaissiere
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Nov 03 2011 05:00
Location: The Fens

Re: Diawa hot foot inserts

Post by David Vaissiere » Tue Mar 24 2020 09:42

Seems that they have been discontinued so no chance of getting them.
I found those boots split very easily and went through 4 pairs in 2 winters, now use muck boots and wouldnt change to anything else
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. YNWA

User avatar
bencarvosso
Perch
Perch
Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Sep 27 2011 05:00
Location: sligo ireland

Re: Diawa hot foot inserts

Post by bencarvosso » Tue Mar 24 2020 11:15

Had these for years and never had a problem
Running Ledger Fishing Blog
http://www.bencarvosso.wordpress.com

zodiac
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2502
Joined: Sat Oct 22 2011 05:00
Location: central jockland

Re: Diawa hot foot inserts

Post by zodiac » Tue Mar 24 2020 11:21

Funny, I just came on to ask the same thing about the sunridge hot foot insert. Are they discontinued too? Theyre out of stock every where.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly

User avatar
Steve D
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Feb 14 2012 06:00
Location: Lincs

Re: Diawa hot foot inserts

Post by Steve D » Tue Mar 24 2020 11:26

I would say any of the inserts you can buy will do the job?

You can pick up the rovex ones for around a tenner.

User avatar
bencarvosso
Perch
Perch
Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Sep 27 2011 05:00
Location: sligo ireland

Re: Diawa hot foot inserts

Post by bencarvosso » Tue Mar 24 2020 11:33

Think sundridge and diawa ones are pretty much same, a bit like the rovex ones are sold under lots of different guises...
Running Ledger Fishing Blog
http://www.bencarvosso.wordpress.com

User avatar
Carlperkins
Zander
Zander
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: coventry

Re: Diawa hot foot inserts

Post by Carlperkins » Tue Mar 24 2020 11:45

David Vaissiere wrote:
Seems that they have been discontinued so no chance of getting them.
I found those boots split very easily and went through 4 pairs in 2 winters, now use muck boots and wouldnt change to anything else
I had some muck lace up boots that have only worn twice and the insides fell apart
Took them back yesterday
£165 and the shop keeper looked bemused as to why I was returning them
REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE AN ENGLISHMAN, AND HAVE CONSEQUENTLY WON FIRST IN THE LOTTERY OF LIFE

Cecil Rhodes

David Vaissiere
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Nov 03 2011 05:00
Location: The Fens

Re: Diawa hot foot inserts

Post by David Vaissiere » Tue Mar 24 2020 11:56

bencarvosso wrote:
Think sundridge and diawa ones are pretty much same, a bit like the rovex ones are sold under lots of different guises...
Sundridge are owned by Daiwa I believe
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. YNWA

David Vaissiere
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Nov 03 2011 05:00
Location: The Fens

Re: Diawa hot foot inserts

Post by David Vaissiere » Tue Mar 24 2020 11:57

Carlperkins wrote:
David Vaissiere wrote:
Seems that they have been discontinued so no chance of getting them.
I found those boots split very easily and went through 4 pairs in 2 winters, now use muck boots and wouldnt change to anything else
I had some muck lace up boots that have only worn twice and the insides fell apart
Took them back yesterday
£165 and the shop keeper looked bemused as to why I was returning them


I don't have the lace up boots, just the normal neoprene wellies, never had a problem with them and comfortable to walk long distances in
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. YNWA

User avatar
Carlperkins
Zander
Zander
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: coventry

Re: Diawa hot foot inserts

Post by Carlperkins » Tue Mar 24 2020 12:39

I have the wellies too and they are spot one
Wanted something for walking the dog in more so went for the High laced boot,
First impression was very good and was disappointed to return them
REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE AN ENGLISHMAN, AND HAVE CONSEQUENTLY WON FIRST IN THE LOTTERY OF LIFE

Cecil Rhodes

Post Reply