New To Lure Fishing

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
coreyprince16
Stickleback
Stickleback

New To Lure Fishing

Post by coreyprince16 » Sun Jun 28 2020 14:43

hello everyone,
i am new to lure fishing and to this page. i just wanted any ideas where to fish for good pike, perch or zander near south birmingham. i live near shirley/solihull so anywhere i can get to on my bike or on train would be nice to know.
many thanks

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Re: New To Lure Fishing

Post by John Milford » Sun Jun 28 2020 17:54

Hi corey, welcome to the forum.

You will find plenty of advice about 'how' on here, but don't expect anyone to tell you where. The forum has a strict 'no naming waters' policy.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

Mike J
Zander
Zander

Post by Mike J » Wed Jul 01 2020 09:35

Welcome aboard :handshake:

For places you have miles of canals around you and all hold fish that will chase a lure.
When you have bought your rod licence look on the EA website for your region.
If you want info stick with us and dont be afraid to ask, just dont expect anyone to name any places because nothing ruins a place quicker than publicity.

:thumbs:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub

Post by Chris Hammond » Wed Jul 01 2020 13:03

If you were local to me mate I'd pm you with a few suggestions and you may find someone does. Welcome to the forum. Once you're seen joining in the discussions regularly I'm sure there will be lads who can steer you in the direction of viable waters. The absolute best thing with fishing though is to find some fishing that others havent and all you need for that is Google Earth/Explorer maps and a bit of common sense. Good luck!

martin(rockape)
Chub
Chub

Post by martin(rockape) » Sun Jul 05 2020 12:03

Don't know your area but i ditto wjats already been said.

Ask in your local tackle shop about local clubs in particular the Birmingham club which i believe is pretty big infact many years ago it used to be the biggest in the country and could very well still be.

Regards

Martin