John Milford
Zander
Zander

New chair

Post by John Milford » Tue Jun 30 2020 20:07

Been scouring the car boots for one of these. :cool:

The carpers are suitably horrified! :laughs: :thumbs:

20200630_195813.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: New chair

Post by davelumb » Tue Jun 30 2020 20:12

John Milford wrote:

20200630_195813.jpg
Classic 80's style. :cool:

Kev Berry
Pike
Pike

Post by Kev Berry » Tue Jun 30 2020 21:16

Had one of those for years till it rotted away. Yellow and light brown leaf pattern :laughs:
Very comfy, but a fecker on uneven ground :laughs:

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Tue Jun 30 2020 22:53

Kev Berry wrote:
Had one of those for years till it rotted away. Yellow and light brown leaf pattern :laughs:
Very comfy, but a fecker on uneven ground :laughs:
Sounds groovy Kev. :cool:

I only paid 2 quid for my stripey one on Sunday. If I see a psychedelic leafy or floral one, i'll definitely buy it. :thumbs:

I thought mine went very well with my bargain £1 landing net and the rod rest set at a jaunty angle.

A couple of carpy types actually stopped for a chat today. They didn't want to know where I'd got my chair though (but they did want to know what bait I'd been using! :pipe: ).
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

martin(rockape)
Chub
Chub

Post by martin(rockape) » Tue Jun 30 2020 23:49

I think my dad still has one of those and probably the same colours too, must be 50 plus years old as i can remember it as a kid.

Can see him sat in it supping a bottle from a wooden crate of "Davenports beer at home", sorry kinda wandered off there.

Regards

Martin

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Wed Jul 01 2020 01:08

You want to see the prices they go for on eBay Martin! You'd be lucky to find one under £20, plus hefty postage.

(Apparently vintage picnic chairs are all the rage with trendy VW Camper owners. :pipe: ).

Iain Gillies
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Iain Gillies » Wed Jul 01 2020 07:45

On occasions I still use a lafuma low chair which I was given over 10 years ago now. Its nice and light for stalking but it can be a bit sore on the back getting up and down from it.

Jason Skilton
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Jason Skilton » Wed Jul 01 2020 07:46

John Milford wrote:

20200630_195813.jpg
I have a few photos of me piking fishiing with one one of those and an 1970's folding sun lounger.....the prequel to all modern bedchairs LoL
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

OLDESOX
Chub
Chub

Post by OLDESOX » Wed Jul 01 2020 11:13

john i might be sitting[pun intended]on a gold mine a stack in the garage do you know.
retired so time to smell the roses.

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Wed Jul 01 2020 11:13

Iain Gillies wrote:
On occasions I still use a lafuma low chair which I was given over 10 years ago now. Its nice and light for stalking but it can be a bit sore on the back getting up and down from it.
I know what you mean Iain, my lowchair days are pretty much over too - I need to do a kind of 'parachute roll' to get off them these days! :laughs:

It won't be long before I need one of those spring-loaded chairs that tip you forward when you need to get up! :madmick:

(I wonder if they do a deluxe version with a built in commode? :clown: ).

lift-chairs-for-elderly-copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

greencard1
Roach
Roach

Post by greencard1 » Wed Jul 01 2020 13:12

Are you left handed John?
That would explain a lot.

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Wed Jul 01 2020 13:51

greencard1 wrote:
Are you left handed John?
That would explain a lot.
No, I'm right handed John (but I was fishing tight to the left hand reed margin).

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub

Post by Chris Hammond » Thu Jul 02 2020 21:12

They were a massive upgrade from those three cornered collapsable stools, or the arris imprinting wicker creel back in the day John.

Got a couple of these kicking about if you want a more avant garde version. :smile:

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Thu Jul 02 2020 22:24

Chris Hammond wrote:
They were a massive upgrade from those three cornered collapsable stools, or the arris imprinting wicker creel back in the day John.

Got a couple of these kicking about if you want a more avant garde version. :smile:
That is a fantastic chair Chris! :cool:

From a distance you'd think it was a camo pattern - only to be hit by its full-on floral funkiness at close range! :laughs: :thumbs:

I spent my very early fishing years tetering on one of these. You learned very quickly that they would dump you on your a**e if the wire hook at the bottom wasn't engaged properly! If I remember correctly, mine was orange and my brother Rob's was blue - I think they were sold as a pair in Woolworth's.

Screenshot_20200703-211656.png