Being watching.........

For the Twitchers amongst us
Post Reply
User avatar
dave-newman
Perch
Perch
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed May 29 2013 05:00
Location: East Side....

Being watching.........

Post by dave-newman » Mon Jul 27 2020 14:05

Cant beat the eye of a Kestrel.

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 27141
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Being watching.........

Post by davelumb » Mon Jul 27 2020 14:08

I like that first one. :smile:

User avatar
dave-newman
Perch
Perch
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed May 29 2013 05:00
Location: East Side....

Re: Being watching.........

Post by dave-newman » Mon Jul 27 2020 14:10

davelumb wrote:
I like that first one. :smile:
yeah.....

i pulled up behind it, it didnt see me, i opened the passenger window, got into position and squeaked with my mouth to get it attention, bingo.... i do this with deers when they dont see me, they hear it, rise to attention in your direction and dont move.

happy clicking

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 27141
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Being watching.........

Post by davelumb » Mon Jul 27 2020 14:11

Is that with the new lens?

User avatar
dave-newman
Perch
Perch
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed May 29 2013 05:00
Location: East Side....

Re: Being watching.........

Post by dave-newman » Mon Jul 27 2020 14:47

davelumb wrote:
Is that with the new lens?
it certainly is.. 500mm pf

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 27141
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Being watching.........

Post by davelumb » Mon Jul 27 2020 14:54

dave-newman wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Is that with the new lens?
it certainly is.. 500mm pf
:cool:

User avatar
dave-newman
Perch
Perch
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed May 29 2013 05:00
Location: East Side....

Re: Being watching.........

Post by dave-newman » Mon Jul 27 2020 15:29

davelumb wrote:
dave-newman wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Is that with the new lens?
it certainly is.. 500mm pf
:cool:
next investment... 1.4x TC (trail and tested and boy its good)

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 27141
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Being watching.........

Post by davelumb » Mon Jul 27 2020 15:41

dave-newman wrote:
davelumb wrote:
dave-newman wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Is that with the new lens?
it certainly is.. 500mm pf
:cool:
next investment... 1.4x TC (trail and tested and boy its good)
Funny old world. I could be quite happy with just a 35mm lens for what I photograph these days. Not great for wildlife though! :laughs:

User avatar
dave-newman
Perch
Perch
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed May 29 2013 05:00
Location: East Side....

Re: Being watching.........

Post by dave-newman » Mon Jul 27 2020 15:43

davelumb wrote:
dave-newman wrote:
davelumb wrote:
dave-newman wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Is that with the new lens?
it certainly is.. 500mm pf
:cool:
next investment... 1.4x TC (trail and tested and boy its good)
Funny old world. I could be quite happy with just a 35mm lens for what I photograph these days. Not great for wildlife though! :laughs:
to be fair ive also been shooting macro with the 500pf, but need to stand about 10ft back, suppose i dont spook as much.

Image

Image

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 27141
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Being watching.........

Post by davelumb » Mon Jul 27 2020 15:46

dave-newman wrote:
davelumb wrote:
dave-newman wrote:
davelumb wrote:
dave-newman wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Is that with the new lens?
it certainly is.. 500mm pf
:cool:
next investment... 1.4x TC (trail and tested and boy its good)
Funny old world. I could be quite happy with just a 35mm lens for what I photograph these days. Not great for wildlife though! :laughs:
to be fair ive also been shooting macro with the 500pf, but need to stand about 10ft back, suppose i dont spook as much.

Image

Image
:thumbs:

User avatar
Freako
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1541
Joined: Thu Sep 29 2011 05:00
Location: Foxes Country

Re: Being watching.........

Post by Freako » Mon Jul 27 2020 15:55

Great shots Dave, looks a great lens.
Mick.

User avatar
Crackoff
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7934
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lancs

Re: Being watching.........

Post by Crackoff » Mon Jul 27 2020 22:47

Wish I had the patience as there crackers :thumbs:

Grant :smile:
Grant Everson

What people say there going todo and what they actually do is two completely different things :wink:

I know a lot about a bit of stuff and a bit about a lot of stuff :wink:

I upset some guys because I tell it as it is :wink:

wid
Roach
Roach
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Nov 10 2017 21:19

Re: Being watching.........

Post by wid » Thu Jul 30 2020 15:59

Superb dave, well done indeed

User avatar
Tiercel
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1791
Joined: Thu Oct 04 2012 05:00
Location: Cambridgeshire Fens

Re: Being watching.........

Post by Tiercel » Thu Jul 30 2020 20:42

Unusual shots of a male kestrel Dave, I note it's been rung too :thumbs:
Dale

Post Reply